My expensive storage box

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by buzbox, Jan 21, 2022.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

So I've been selling off some of my collection. Just have these and a few others left over. It's an expensive plastic storage container now. Curious to know how you all store your players?

20220122_150259.jpg 20220122_150310.jpg

2. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

It looks like a good solution to store them dust free.
    It also allows you to pick the right Walkman (although you seem to have a few duplicates ;)) when you would like to listen to a cassette.
    I have not found a great solution and I don't have that many Walkmans in the first place.
    Storing them in a cardboard box does help to keep them dust free and away from sunlight, but it does not help when I want to use one.

3. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

That plastic container is perfect for the players I have. Most of them are WM 10/20/30 and 40. I think I have all colors and even the radio variants of the WM F series. I'm only missing a black WM40. Have a few DD's, DC2, WM3 and TPS L2 also. Recently sold my WM-504 and WM-501 J. Both are quite rare and were in very good working condition. I took all my Walkmans out over Xmas to check them and made sure they still worked. I removed all the belts from them too.

Emiel likes this.
  4. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Since I don’t collect, I don’t have such issues. Look at the attached image, they all sit in my cassette rack. In the rack you can see 2 x D6C’s, Aiwa HS-PL707, 2 x DC2’s, iPod nano, DD9 and an MD player. I have now narrowed down what I use and sold some. In the rack now I only have 1 x D6C, 2 x DC2, 1 x DD9, 1 x Aiwa HS-PL707 and the MD player.
    They are all there ready to use and easily accessible, I rotate units weekly for my daily commute to work.

Cassette Rack.jpg

Boodokhan, Silver965, RTB and 2 others like this.
  5. Emiel

They look great, especially the different colors make it an interesting collection.
    Most of the ones I intend to keep and use have been serviced by @Valentin. A few others (EX/FX) I have given a less extensive overhaul, new belt, cleaning, speed adjustment, etc.
    I’m not I favor of keeping them on prominent display in my home office, but would like to have them within reach as some of the MD portables that I occasionally pick up for fun and use for a short while.

Valentin likes this.
  6. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I'm going to be down sizing the collection. Will be ordering new belts soon. Will most likely sell all the WM30, F30, F20 , F10 and the new in box WM3 also.

7. Emiel

They will do very well :)