My retro corner

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Ryan_1993, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Ryan_1993

Ryan_1993 Member

Couple of acrylic shelves for my Sony Portables collection

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

autoreverser and Papa like this.
  2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Very nicely presented (says the person whose house is in a constant mess). You have several decades covered from the 1948 Olympics to the early 2000s.
    Is that a Crestworth Coach Lantern top right ?

My biggest retro corner is probably the entire loft and garage :nodding: but this old thread http://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/how-retro-are-you.991/ shows my fireplace from some time ago with two Crestworth / Mathmos lamps.

I am guessing the Apple monitor is an LCD. The first time I saw the transparent CRT Studio Display 17" (in John Lewis displayed with a pair of sculptured transparent computer speakers which might not have been Apple) I would have bought the monitor on the spot had it been possible to use it with a PC. The peak of Apple design IMHO.

3. Xjmczar

Xjmczar Member

I too have that G4 Cube. Must say that I’ve always despised that keyboard, but aesthetically it looks really retro by todays standards so I digress. Cool to see you got the og monitor, no clue where mine went and the actual computer just isn't the same on a modern HD screen. All in all very cool corner, (been meaning to pick up one of those EX-677 as of recently)