Need Help finding Replacement Belt for rare JC Penny Walkman

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Migilus Migilacuty, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Migilus Migilacuty

Migilus Migilacuty Member

Hello, I haven't used this account in around a year.
    But I recently purchased a re branded sharp JC-7 or JC-77 ( both models look identical) but mine is Re branded as a "Surround Sound" but on the back it says JC Penny.
    I've tried several belt replacements I have for other Sony models but none I own seem to fit right.
    The original belt was in there but was to loose and slippery, The diameter of it was approx 64mm but I wanted to find belts around 60mm or 62mm. I didn't measure the thickness and i lost the belt but I think it's around the thickness of a WM-2 belt
    I can't find any online so I was wondering if anyone knows of a More common Walkman model that uses the same belt size that's more available. Or if someone knows of a website or Ebay listing of a belt that would fit it. This model seems pretty rare and I would love to get it working since cosmetically it looks really nice.
    Thanks.

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

3. Migilus Migilacuty

Thank you very much! I will post an update when belts arrive to let you know if they fit or not. Then I can reassemble it and take some photos of it since it looks nice design wise.

Boodokhan likes this.
  4. Migilus Migilacuty

Unfortunate news. Belt arrived today and when I put it in it seemed too tight and caused it to play way to fast, but it allowed the mechanism to move and I noticed it has a stuttering issue, I suspect it is the gear that turns the take up reel. I will try to find the original belt Ilost for more info on size. But I think I'll just put this project on hold for now since I really need to Recap a lot of my Walkman's (My Aiwa HS-P06 sounds TERRIBLE). Thank you Boodokhan for the help anyway, all ways appreciated!:thumbup:

Boodokhan likes this.
  5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Please share your experience fixing other models. I do have HS-p06 and for now sounds well but someday will needs to be recapped
    It would be good to have bunch of belts always available (different sizes)