Need parts for FH-7 Compact Stereo and 2 modules

Discussion in 'Auctions and classifieds' started by AMoonRabbit, Oct 4, 2023.

1. AMoonRabbit

AMoonRabbit New Member

Hi all, recently bought a reasonable silver Sony FH-7 mki model but its cosmetically not complete and there are two modules I'm still trying to hunt.

Firstly parts I need are as follows:-
    1. Facia for the buttons on the FM/AM tuner module
    2. Brackets for the module stack, I have the speaker brackets already.
    3. Handle

Modules I'm looking out for are:-
    1. SQ-7 turntable module
    2. Top loaded CD module

If anyone can help, especially with the cosmetic stuff it'd be much appreciated.

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Awesome unit, good luck finding your parts. These units tend to be babied and parts are rare, I've been looking for a different Sony Handle for awhile with no luck.

The PS-Q7 and the CD player are very rare or very expensive. I had the CD player in my sight a few years ago but at the last minute was sniped by a huge bid, I got a minty Q7 but it's missing the even more rare stylus. Of course the Techmoan Effect has put this unit on everyone's radar and he release his 2nd video on this unit recently.

3. AMoonRabbit

AMoonRabbit New Member

Yeah, I must admit, I only went looking after watching the latest video. The Mk ii models are ridiculously expensive. I chanced my mki model as an auction that started around £84. Got it for £140.

For the turntable, I've compromised as I told myself I'd end up paying more on top of the expensive price of a used and aged PS-Q7 and ended up going for a Sound Burger instead. Need a cable to connect to to the CD/Aux though as I cannot use it with the phono input, thats a no no according to the manual for the Burger.

I did see brackets for an FH-5 but guess they won't fit?