New Member Sony Walkman Anniversary WM808-HG value

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Tobytronica, May 13, 2024.

1. Tobytronica

Tobytronica New Member

I've been visiting this site for a while. Yesterday afternoon, I came across my dream Walkman: since the more sophisticated models were first in the Hifi shops in Manchester, I've always wanted one from the top rail.
    Always too expensive, I came across a Walkman WM808-HG which I think is an anniversary model. Although it doesn't come with the box or anything, it looks A1 as regards to battery corrosion, case condition is very good. It's on sale at Walton and Walton Auction Burnley today. Towards the end of the lot numbers, it's the only Walkman in this auction.
    They will post if anyone else wants to have a bid or comment on its approximate value?
    Thanks, Donald.

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Sorry I can't help you, it looks like they don't post the old sales catalogs to look at the unit. Questions like this will get many more eyes down in the Walkman Chat Section. Since the auction is over I'm curious what it went for, on any of these kind of rare models the price can be all over the place. I'm looking our ebay listings and the start around a hundred USD and go up but none have the wood display case.

https://walkman.land/sony/wm-ex808hg

Welcome to the forum feel free to stick around for awhile.

3. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

eBay listings for virtually all units are automatically retrieved on WML, bottom of the page :)

Mister X and Valentin like this.