...not really a boombox, but...

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by autoreverser, Mar 20, 2023.

1. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

arrived today: 1969 Sony TC-124 CS Stereo Cassette Corder, in a sportive suitcase with two speakers, manual, strap and a stereo-microphone. i love sets like this, as much as i found in the net, this was Sony's first stereo cassette device (!):
    S-1.jpg S-2.jpg

i bought one before, not long ago, but without any accessories and defective - this one here works :reelspin::reelspin::thumbsup:

2. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

Very nice! Is it real leather? I have a suitcase radio with an imitation leather (vinyl?) covering, and unfortunately the petrochemicals used to manufacture it are leaching from the "fabric", producing a sticky shine every 3-4 months

Mister X likes this.
  3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Sony was killing it around this time, their logo brought on awe, I remember seeing the Tokyo Photo? that was kind of like Times Square with SONY lit up proudly. It was in advertising for a few years. Maybe you can loan it to Techmoan, seems he's takin on a liking to the "suitcase" players, who knew ; )

4. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

well, it's not real leather (today they would call it "vegan":biggrin:), but in nice shape. on the 1st. pic you can see some sort of smeer outside, also on the microphone-bag, i will try to clean that carefully with some softener.

as soon as i have some time i make some nicer pics with that thingy in action (...beer and boombags ). if you look nicely, there are a few of those sets for sale in the states, even for decent prices.
    i was lucky to find one complete here. it wouldn't surprise me, if they were never really for sale in germany. i had them on the radar for many, many years here, there weren't any for sale - now within short time, i was able to get two :yahoo(the first one was without any accessories and defective...).

Mister X likes this.