Panasonic RX-F32L - Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Harris1864, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Harris1864

Harris1864 New Member

I've just bagged a Panasonic RX-F32L in "vg condition, perfect working order" for exactly £54.50 shipped which i reckon is an absolute bargain given the price and rarity of some of these stereos.

I want to grab some rechargeable batteries ready to go for when this thing arrives but can't find out anywhere what type (I'm assuming D-Cells) and how many this thing takes. My guess is about 8.

Can anyone help me out here?
    If anyone knows how much battery life I would get out of them at regular volumes I'd be curious to know that too.

Cheers/Diolch.

Emyr

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

The best value rechargable C and D cells are the Tronic ones Lidl occasionally sell. The D cells are 4500mAH.
    The only problem is they only have them in as an offer about twice a year.

watch out in that a lot of brand name C and D rechargables are simply 2200mAH AAs inside a larger case.

3. Harris1864

Harris1864 New Member

I've been looking at this setup + 4 more:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/EBL-10000m...batteries+rechargeable&qid=1586816978&sr=8-13

Total cost of all the batteries comes out more than the actual boombox but atleast I can be confident they'd last a long time.

4. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

I get Tenergy's, they're kind of expensive, but they're 10,000 mAH

5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've been using Eneloops (Panasonic/Sanyo) for the last year and really like them but they only come in AAA and AA. They have casings for C and D size batteries but they only take one AAA each. Longman turned me on to the Chinese Cases that can take three but they're still not up to Tenergy's mAH. I have a ton of them, I have a million flashlights and a lot of battery powered equipment, I ended up getting more and it's at the point where I don't care how long they last, which is pretty long, I just want to have enough around so I don't have to scrounge equipment for fresh ones.

Once you go rechargeable you'll be really happy, one charge batteries get really expensive. IKEA's batteries (if they say Made In Japan) are Eneloops, I got a killer deal on low mAH batteries last fall but they don't last long so they are good for remote controls.

6. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I didńt say that, the last time I bought Lidl batteries they were just £2.99 for two C or D cells. I have loads.
    Great to hear you got the Ikea batteries Mister X. Bought my first pack of AAs (made in Japan) just before the lockdown shut their shops.