SAMSUNG P-72S what a (good) surprise !!!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by yannb22, Sep 29, 2022.

1. yannb22

yannb22 New Member

s-l1600 (9).jpg Hi everyone
    Just received this nice Samsung P-72S boombox / mini component system
    Samsung boombox??? Yes! Why not...After all Korea also made Goldstar boomboxes which are very good
    I think it was made around 1983, can't find much on the web
    Not sure what to expect from it, apart from that it is very clean, new belts and works 100%, auto stop is fast and really good, tape buttons are really smooth and nice to manipulate
    Just cleaned the heads and renew the plastic surfaces
    Well, I have to say this is the best sounding boombox I've heard in years!!!!
    Much better than the JVC PC 70 or Sharp QT-37
    It looks really nice and has a solid feel about it, although it's all plastic (speakers grills are metal)
    The sound is refined, warm, and very detailed thanks to real tweeters
    Bass is not up the roof but real good, if turned to 75%
    I got it for 85€ shipped from Germany, this is a really nice surprise, love the look and love the sound
    This thing goes loud!!! And no distorsion at 50%, which is really loud, speakers are rated 15 watts rms, 4 ohms
    Enjoy the pics!! thanks (first one before text is not MINE, just a random pic found on the net, others ARE mine)

ffaa1256-9fa0-4cf7-9ea4-a7175d62fba5 (1).jpg 775f1bdd-9b2f-4a30-9732-90afccc976a5.jpg 831fc014-134e-47c2-9fc8-62ae9d2a37cd.jpg 20220929_143045.jpg 20220929_143008.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've got a slightly older Samsung and it's a really nice heavy duty build. We didn't have much stuff from South Korea back in the 80's so I never saw the equipment when new. It wouldn't surprise me if they made boomboxes for other companies.

3. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

This is just a generic built stereo sold under many names! Quite a good stereo with Dolby & line in, just the relatively poor speakers that let it down! Easy to upgrade the standard drivers & add wadding in the speaker boxes!

Here's mine a Uher 'Power Port II' identical machine just cosmetic differences! The soft touch deck is nice to use too!! :thumbsup2:

Uher Power Port II - 10 April 2018 (2).jpg

autoreverser, Mister X and yannb22 like this.
  4. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

I prefer the Samsung for looks any day!

yannb22, autoreverser and Mister X like this.