Sony CRF-330K Shortwave Radio with Cassette Deck

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Ronald Hofmeister, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Ronald Hofmeister

Ronald Hofmeister New Member

I just bought a Sony CRF-330K Shortwave Radio with Cassette Tape Deck. I’m the 2nd Owner. The Original owner used it 1 month he told me. There isn’t a Scratch anywhere on it & it was Released In Europe. He had all the Original Manual’s & Factory Documentation for it. The Front & Rear Covers don’t have a Scratch on them either. He had his Technician go through it & replace the plastic Gear’s & belts.

Does anyone have the CRF-330 Sales Brochures, Dealer Catalogs, Flyers that they would be willing to Sell?

Mister X likes this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Holy scores! There's a lot around the internet for this beast, I think it was made in 1977? Finding originals is going to be hard, it was an expensive unit in a small market.

Sony CRF-330K.jpg
    Sony CRF-330K 2.jpg
    Sony CRF-330K 3.jpg
    Sony CRF-330K 4.jpg

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

Lovely radio. I had the one without the tape deck but sold it a few years ago. Enjoy!

4. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

They certainly don't make things like this any more. just stunning:thumbsup2:

5. Ronald Hofmeister

I tried to buy Sony CRF-330 Catalogs. They had some on Buyee but Mastercard won’t let sales go through in Hong Kong even PayPal won’t let any Sales go through they Blocked all sales in Hong Kong & Japan. So is there another way to purchase them?

Mister X likes this.
  6. Hyperscope

Hyperscope Active Member

Yeah just the look of these things is still futuristic and almost chilling. A distillation of what cool space-age-spine-tingling-awesome was meant to look like. When I was a kid... and still today :biggrin: Solid black boxes of no-nonsense functionality. Take it or leave it punk. If you think you can handle it.

I definitely need to try out one of these... smallest "simpler" models. Man... there looks so much that could go wrong with these...

7. Ronald Hofmeister

I bought this Sony CRF-330K Shortwave Radio with Cassette Tape Deck. The Person I bought it from used it 1 month only not a scratch on it anywhere the pull up antennas were never used & no batteries were ever installed in it ever. It was the European Released one. I bought all the OEM Optional Sony Accessories for the Radio. The Seller put $500.00 in it to Sell it. Have all the Papers & Original Users Manuals from the Factory.

Mister X likes this.
  8. On The Beach

On The Beach Active Member

I've used buyee many times with PayPal. Last time was only 2 weeks ago.
    It must be an issue with your bank blocking it maybe.

9. Ronald Hofmeister

Yes it’s my Bank & also Mastercard Company itself I called my Main Bank Customer Service Center & they said Mastercard itself has put a block on all Asia, Japan, Hong Kong, China. I asked about a Gift Card & they said that wouldn’t go through either they are Mastercard also. They said maybe Visa would let you do it? I’ve been looking the only way maybe would be Janice.com.

10. Mister X

I usually have stuff shipped to my buddy in Tokyo and then he either delivers or I pick it up, hopefully I'll be heading over there very soon.

On The Beach likes this.
  11. Ronald Hofmeister

Mister X,
    Can I get you friend to Purchase all the Brochures, Catalogs & Service Manuals in Japan? I contacted people on EBay & never heard back from them!!

12. Mister X

He's moving back here in a few days.....