sony d3000 cd radio

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Radio Raheem, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

can anyone tell me anything about them....i have wanted one for years as did Litfan
    but never could afford one because of the usual daft prices

seems like i may have scored a bargain but i'm also unsure of the current value, i have never bought anything based on value though, only quality........they were about £1000 new in around 2000 and only sold in japan.....and i have seen them selling for over £1000 in the past...that is all i know....i think jorge would love one of these lads

comes with remote and manual but needs work....i sold one of my m90's so have bought several boomboxes including this...win win

i don't even know the fm frequency, hope it has full range as i wouldn't want to be stuck with just cd...it seems to have line in though

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    Silver965, dlt and Jorge like this.
  2. Radio Raheem

3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

The first time I have seen a Sony product that didn't prominently show it is a Sony on the front. Until I stated Googling I wondered if it was a no-name knock off.
    Although I can't match it with any of the range, there are lots of styling cues like the curved corners and the long display that are similar to a couple of models in Sony's ZS range e.g the ZS3000
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303708885732

Jorge, Radio Raheem and Mister X like this.
  4. Radio Raheem

agreed longman..........seen many of those but have always chased after this one, although it doesn't have tape i'm guessing she is in a different league my friend...she has a motorized top panel and 3 speakers for example

it works out i have paid £70 shipped from japan for mine...the same price you have posted the model in you're link for....if i had the money i would buy the one in you're link to compare but I'm out at the moment

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  5. Longman

Sony ZS3000.jpg
    The ZS3000 I posted the link to doesn't seem to be particularly rare. They often appear on eBay.co.uk
    I wonder if you realise that what could be mistaken for a cassette door at the front is actually for a slide out CD mechanism. Since the remote is exactly the same as my ZS-D30 and ZS-D55s it is probably the same one which unfortunately isn't very reliable.

Being a top loader yours is probably a different mechanism.
    That one is rare. I couldn't even find a review written in English.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  6. Radio Raheem

mine does Not have a cassette deck Longman, as far as i know it is just cd and radio with line in....the cd is under the top panel my friend as you have stated
    the one you posted is indeed not rare though, i have seen dozens of them over the years dude

watch this

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    Jorge likes this.
  7. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Neat radio! Looks like a statement model, you have to love the equipment in the guys video, even over the internet it sound crisp.

Here's what I've found over on yahoo.jp
    https://ja-m-wikipedia-org.translat...uto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Giugiaro was an amazing designer, prepare for mind-blowing iconic products he designed!
    https://www.re-thinkingthefuture.com/product-design/a4257-giorgetto-giugiaro-10-iconic-products/

Still in business designing amazing things
    https://www.giugiaroarchitettura.it/

It looks like it was sold door to door or mail-order only. We've had products here that used similar sales technics, the guy would come to your house, demo a product and work you good until you bought it.
    https://minkara-carview-co-jp.trans...uto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Silver965 and Radio Raheem like this.
  8. Radio Raheem

Mister X likes this.
  9. Radio Raheem

i just bought another one fully working.....did anybody ever tell you guys, i am a certified nutter lol

Mister X and Jorge like this.
  10. Radio Raheem

here is a lower model the 210 but you can see what is behind the grill lads
    s-l64.jpg

Mister X likes this.
  11. Longman

Do you realise that "Stereo" does not mean owning two of a unit :wink2
    Just don't even thinking about getting into "surround sound".

12. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

This is why I always loved this forum, these amazing units I would have never known about. Too much silly money for me, I just bought some more "stuff" to fill another box I own.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  13. lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy Well-Known Member

What is the floppy-disc like slot next to the cd-player for?

14. Radio Raheem

I think it may be used to store accessories my man but i'm not sure myself

lupogtiboy likes this.
  15. Radio Raheem

gentlemen i am shocked and stunned,,,,i give you the anniversary addition..the md 7000

16. Radio Raheem

well the first one arrived yesterday...in a huge anticipation was a total let down after about 15 years on my want list

she is basically a scrap unit beyond repair guys why....you go figure out how to dissemble one lol.....built extremely well and weighing in at 11 kg pioneer 909 territory Mr x, she is as beautiful as i imagined although not as large as i expected

the sound....i managed to get the cd to work by pushing down on the cd door, quite a let down imho i expected a velvet chocolate warm bass sound but no.....just an average sound with good highs and quite loud, quite disappointing for something that sold for around £1000 new

comes with a credit card remote etc but you can see this was made for people with more money than sense like B and O

will post a pic when they are both in, the other is expected in a few days cheers guys........does she sound better than an m70,

hell yea but anything does lol

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    lupogtiboy likes this.
  17. Radio Raheem

it is to store the credit card remote my friend

lupogtiboy likes this.
  18. Radio Raheem

Well my other is due any time soon guys....i can now get this one repaired, the screws to dismantle are all there, i must have been drunk or something strange is going on guys lol....pick soon

19. Silver965

Silver965 Well-Known Member

how small the world is .... Giugiaro designed everything ... and it is here in the area

Radio Raheem likes this.
  20. Longman

Designed for the type of person who spends £3000 on a suit. If you follow the U.K. news you will know the type of person I am taking about :wink2.

Radio Raheem likes this.