Sony TC-D5 Pro or Pro ii Service Manual?

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by JoFugd, Jul 17, 2021.

1. JoFugd

JoFugd Member

Hey there!

Does anyone by chance have a scanned version of the D5 Pro or Pro ii service manual with legible voltages in the schematics section?

I have a Pro ii manual downloaded, wherein unfortunately the only values I’m not able to make out are the voltages being shown in the PCB layout and schematics sections.

I’ve had a look at the original D5 manual, and it looks like the DC-DC converter in that particular model outputs 11V, whereas the Pro ii ~9V, so I’m not able to use it as a substitute. (AFAIK)

The D5M does look closest to my Pro ii as far as the voltages I’d expect to see, and I have a copy of the D5M service manual that’s legible - not sure if there’s any way to know for sure whether I can use this one as a substitute to follow while working on the Pro ii?

I’ll be looking at and around the FG Servo and FG Amp IC sections.

Any help appreciated - thanks all!

2. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Will this one do?

Attached Files:

Silver965 and Valentin like this.
  3. JoFugd

JoFugd Member

That’s great - thanks @Emiel !

I actually did end up finding the SM with legible voltages on A.N.T’s site, but yours too is a significant improvement over what O started with.

Appreciate it!

Emiel likes this.
  4. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Were you able to find the Pro (without II) manual? I can't find it online, and would like to get information about the recording and playback heads.