Sony Tps- l2 play button issues

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Walker99, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Walker99

Walker99 New Member

Hi I recently purchased a sony Tpsl2 the guy described it as only having bad belts but he did not tell me the listen button won't stay down. If I press it down and hold it I can hear the motor run. I opened the back to see that there is a screw missing. If anyone knows what to do please help.

2. stuck-in-time

stuck-in-time Well-Known Member

Without detailed pics of the mechanism in question, it could be hard to make a diagnosis to the problem, but one of my guesses would be a cracked plastic arm. There is a plastic arm hidden under the servo board that locks the buttons in place. The button assembly have a protruding piece that will match up with a socket on the arm. I've encountered a case where this socket have cracked, making it unable to hold the button(s).

3. Walker99

Walker99 New Member

These are some pictures I've taken. There is a missing screw from before I bought it where the spring is. And the screws for the secondary circuit board are mostly eaten. I managed to get the secondary boards screws off. And took some pictures.
    20181103_191941.jpg 20181103_192009.jpg 20181103_191941.jpg 20181103_192009.jpg 20181103_192106.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  4. stuck-in-time

The mechanism marked in red is what's responsible for locking the buttons down. Check to see why the notch marked #1 is not locking to the play button assembly. #2 is a spring that pulls the locking assembly to lock position. It could be part of a problem.

33w.PNG

Though the problem could lie elsewhere. Something else may be in the way, not letting the play button fully depress. In all cases, #1 is the first place to be checked and will help lead to the problem, if it isn't there in the first place.

5. stuck-in-time

Oh, and I just noticed that your unit is missing some non-critical parts (the auto-stop mechanism) marked in the blue area.

33w.PNG

The part marked #3 is in an awkward position. I can't verify this without actually opening up my unit, so this is just a guess:

The awkward position may be making the unit stuck in an auto-stop position, that is, the unit keeps all buttons in the released position. Check if #1 is not going up enough to click with the protruding bit of the play button assembly.

6. Helabaa

Helabaa New Member

Hi @stuck-in-time
    I am looking for that locking mechanism , because the nr1 lever is broken.... Can you help me with this? Thx