The beauty of the Sanyo from the '70s.

Discussion in 'Cassette Decks' started by Retro Audio Museum, May 21, 2023.

1. Retro Audio Museum

Retro Audio Museum Active Member

The Sanyo GXL7015UM Stereo Music System, manufactured in 1978 in Japan, remains an iconic representation of the pinnacle of audio engineering during its era. The machine exudes an aura of timeless elegance with its classic design cues and sturdy build quality. Constructed with meticulous attention to detail, the system showcases the durability and craftsmanship that were typical of Japanese electronics in the late '70s. The sleek wooden finish, complemented by brushed aluminum accents, adds a touch of sophistication to any room where it is placed.
    The true essence of the Sanyo GXL7015UM lies in its exceptional audio performance, which still manages to impress decades after its release. The system boasts a powerful amplifier of 20 watts per channel that delivers rich, full-bodied sound reproduction, producing a warm and immersive listening experience. Whether playing vinyl records, FM/AM radio, or cassette tapes, the GXL7015UM's audio quality is commendable, maintaining remarkable clarity and dynamic range (30 - 12500 kHz for the normal type of tape).
    The Sanyo GXL7015UM offers an array of features that were considered cutting-edge for its time. The inclusion of a cassette deck enables users to enjoy their favorite tapes with minimal hassle. Additionally, the built-in FM/AM tuner provides access to a wide range of radio stations, allowing users to stay connected with the latest music and news.
    Operating the Sanyo GXL7015UM is intuitive and user-friendly, thanks to its well-laid-out control panel and clear labeling. The system's components are thoughtfully positioned, ensuring easy access and hassle-free interaction.
    In the Retro Audio Museum (Lelystad, the Netherlands), we use this lovely casceiver together with the Sanyo TP 1010 (1978) turntable and Sanyo SX 635 (1978) loudspeakers allowing visitors to enjoy the authentic Sanyo sound of the late 70s. Sanyo beauty.jpg

Emiel, Mister X and Radio Raheem like this.
  2. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Active Member

Really nice unit

Retro Audio Museum likes this.
  3. Retro Audio Museum

Thank you! I really love this casceiver!

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

That's a beauty! Sanyo had that window in the late 70's to the mid 80's where they had some really beautiful audio equipment. We didn't get many of this style stereo over here, we all had really cheap versions as kids so it's nice to see what they were shipping out to the rest of the world. Sanyo Speakers are super rare, they mostly shipped us entry-level Fisher Branded "Rack" Systems with the tall light weight speakers. I don't think I've every run across larger Sanyo Speakers.

Thanks for sharing!

5. Retro Audio Museum

Thank you, my pleasure!

6. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

I love the bronze finish!