The Empire Strikes Back: The Imperial March [The Sound of Nakamichi • WM-D6C Walkman Professional]

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Oswaldo Martinez, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Oswaldo Martinez

Oswaldo Martinez Active Member

Enjoy! I have two more coming!

Oz

2. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I have the exact same tape and I love it. It sounds simply awesome, and your video proves it.
    I'd like to make a video or article about it but you were faster :wink2

Oswaldo Martinez likes this.
  3. Oswaldo Martinez

Haha! I love it. Yeah these Nakamichi Reference Recordings are NO JOKE! Shoot this reminds me I have a couple of older ones in my channel I should share in this forum. Ha! I hope you will enjoy those as well.

Cheers!

Oz

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure if it's that tape but I remember back in the early 2000's the Nakamichi Branded Tapes were going for $75.00 on ebay and they were really rare, they moved up on my list of things I really wanted to find. Over the last 18 years I've found just about everything in the wild but finding one of those Nakamichi Tapes still eludes me.

5. Oswaldo Martinez

@Mister X: they are still available on eBay but they remain über expensive, sad to report. They usually start @ $75 and the average is between $125-$150. If you are of mean$, have a great cassette deck (a Nakamichi preferable), and super passionate about analog cassette tape, these are truly the best sonically and by a wide margin!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  6. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've always hoped to find a Nak Tape stashed on a Goodwill Shelf and called it a killer score but no luck yet. I've been picking up audio equipment for years, mostly for under $14.99 USD back when Bose was big and people were begging me to take their monster receivers that had become uncool. During that time I've picked up several Nakamichi's including Tri-Tracer 700 (very heavy), 480, RX-202, BX-300, I think that's all but there's probably more. My old next door neighbor was a couple years older than me and one of the smartest guys I knew, he ended up in electrical engineering and he always talked about Nakamichi and AIWA Tape Decks and how there was nothing even close. They were so good you had to play the tapes you recorded on them back on them. That has stayed with me so I've never turned back a Nakamichi.

Check out this guys site, he built a killer Nakamichi System Two Cassette Rack from an old server case. Get on the speaker repair link and there's a ton of test tones for free download if you need them.
    https://www.audiofriends.nl/audiofriends/nakamichisystemtwoenglish/

7. Oswaldo Martinez

Wow awesome. I will go check it out. Thanks for the link!