Walkman Archive is back!

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by walkman archive, Jul 24, 2023.

1. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Hi everyone!

I'm so happy to say 'I'm back'. :sayhi:

Not sure but I guess some have asked why I haven't been here for so long. Actually more than 3 years...

Well, since the pandemic I started my divorce and things went wrong. Very wrong, believe me. I had to leave my own house and rent an ugly and depressing flat where I stayed for this last 2 1/2 years. I had to pack all my stuff and all my collection and didn't even listen to a cassette or vinyl since then.
    It has been very hard time for me, I fell into depression because I had so many problems: economic, personal, family... but in the end, I was solving problems one by one with a lot of effort.

Luckily I could come back to my own home this month and unpacked all my collection of walkmans, decks, cassettes, vinyls... and just like if I re-meet an old girlfriend I started loving it bit by bit again.
    Believe me, after such a hard time like this, one doesn't recover from all these easily and quickly, but my love for cassettes is coming back slowly.
    So I'm happy to say Hi again, and I hope I fullfill my energy to start posting again here and in my own website.

I'm happy to see old friends here!

2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Welcome back Hugo, sorry to hear about all the issues. Hope all is looking up now. :thumbsup2:

Dfcruiser, Patex and Radio Raheem like this.
  3. walkman archive

Thanks my friend! Good to see you here!

Radio Raheem likes this.
  4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Great to hear from you!

I think most of us are old enough to have extreme ups and downs, for me a little music can help out alot and the forums are kind of a relaxant from day to day stress. Let me know if you need someone to drink gratuitous amounts of Sangria with and I'll head over, I haven't travelled since before the big C but I'd do Barcelona in a heart beat.

The thing about forums is most of us have never met in person but there is still a bond and I'm sure most reading this thread will be happy (and bummed) to see your post. Concentrate on your skills and hobbies, the lust for life is a magnet for other people and who knows what the future holds.

Your (world-class) photos and information have really spread through the internet, I'm sure they want to see more!

Coley1969, Dfcruiser, Patex and 2 others like this.
  5. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Welcome back Hugo, and a big thank you for keeping the site up and running over a tough period. I remember when it did lock up for a few days but it came back again with the "site maintenance" info message.

6. lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy Well-Known Member

Good to have you back Hugo! I'm sorry for all the problems you've had, but it seems like you have the right way of getting through it all. I find things usually work out for the best in the end, it just takes time and patience.

Dfcruiser, Patex and Radio Raheem like this.
  7. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Welcome back Hugo....thanks for keeping this place going even during you're hard times

i think you may find where you were living is better than mine.,,i live in a slum haha

anyway music is key to the soul man this started it off for many of us

glad to see you back dude

Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
    Patex likes this.
  8. walkman archive

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome Mixter X. I even stopped listening to music, I didn't enjoy it. Hard to explain, but when you're touching the bottom ground you don't enjoy such things. Luckily things were solving bit by bit so I can enjoy all these back again.
    Sadly I had forgotten many things, I cannot emember clearly now so many walkman model numbers or even your real names if I did remember before pandemic.
    And, sure, after the summer when I sort all my stuff out you can come here to Barcelona to drink something and enjoy our beloved gadgets and cassettes :nwink:

Glad to hear from you.
    Oh, yes, I remember in some point I've received a notification from someone that the forums went down. I hired an expert that already helped me in other moments and he fixed it. I just paid him and continued with my life. I couldn't spend any time or energy fixing it but simply could not let it die this way after so much efforts to make it an international reference. I'm happy that I did that.

Glad to see you man. Well, this time it could end up very bad... don't want to share details but believe me... (3 courts...).
    But that is now history, I'm looking towards future with positive energy and to enjoy music, cassettes and life. :delighted:

Glad to see you too, Radio raheem. Good to be back and feel a warm welcome, really. Thank you guys.

Coley1969, Patex and Radio Raheem like this.
  9. walkman archive

I should not forget that if this site is still alive after these last years is thanks to the supporters that keep giving their donatives month by month, so I could pay the bills. Otherwise I would be forced to close it.
    So, a BIG BIG thanks to you, supporters! Sorry that at this time I don't remember who of you are, but I'll personally thank all of you later

Patex and Raul like this.
  10. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Thank you for the post and transparency.
    With all the social media stuff and pressure , I believe many are caught in a world where wearing pink glasses seems to be the norm.
    Keep it up, don't overdo it, and enjoy.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  11. walkman archive

Thanks Emiel for your warm welcome, really.
    Nice to meet you. I see too many new people here and I'm excited to share stuff :)

12. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

great news Hugo and welcome back.
    we need more quality topics/ discussion again.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  13. walkman archive

Oh, Boodokhan, so great to see you here again. you're one of the best site supporters of all time. Without your help this site won't be running like it is now.
    I'm so happy that you're here!
    Yeah, let's start some quality topics! ;-)

14. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member

Welcome back Hugo. I missed seeing you around the forum. I was inspired by you to join here. It's a great group.

You had a rough go of it from what you related to us. I can understand how devastated you felt.

Nando.

lupogtiboy and Radio Raheem like this.
  15. walkman archive

Nando! So good to see you here again! I missed you guys. How's your Pioneer Nando? I miss your nice photos...

16. Raul

Raul Active Member

When I started being interested in Walkmans I found your Walkman Archive site and then this forum (and tapeheads). And I fell in love with those small pieces of art that reproduces music :)
    Hope everything will be steadily better each day for you.
    And welcome back :)

Dfcruiser and Radio Raheem like this.
  17. Elite-ist

@walkman archive: Lots has happened since you were last on the forum in regard to me buying and selling vintage audio equipment.

I bought an original-owner Pioneer CT-F1250 from a long-time acquaintance a couple of years back. I bought it for $250 CAD. Had the local tech do a full service on it and I sold my other CT-F1250. It sold quickly through consignment sale and went to a buyer in Japan.

The heads in my CT-F1250 are in excellent shape as the previous owner parked the deck for 20+ years because he dropped the tape format in favour of CD. Remarkably, the deck still worked when I first fired it up after buying it.

20190204_153505_zps6rzy0ez1 (1).jpg

20190215_144803_zps2lfkeszh.jpg

Not long ago, I bought a mint faceplate for a CT-F1250, too:

(edited) 4210416-783bf650-pioneer-ct-f1250-aluminum-faceplate-amazing-original-condition (1).png

And a video of the CT-F1250 playing a friend's mix tape:

Nando.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    Boodokhan, Dfcruiser and Radio Raheem like this.
  18. Radio Raheem

Nice deck nando i could of had one for a boombox once just i don't like a deck with no door cover I'm not sure what pioneer were thinking....still very nice dude

Elite-ist likes this.
  19. Elite-ist

Thank you. Lots of top-end cassette decks had open-well configuration. Some had removable plastic covers that fit over the wells. Or, in the case of the Phase Linear Model 7000 Series Two, a large hinged panel:

20200207_111340_zpsoy00gdq8_InPixio_zpsgd6b5apg (2).jpg

20230204_094817.jpg

Nando.

Boodokhan and Radio Raheem like this.
  20. Radio Raheem

shit man they are beautiful respect brother....i only have my 3 pioneer amps the king being the 9800 which is fully restored now to the best it can be....took me about 15 years to get her though as i will not pay the crazy prices buddy it's just an amp at the end of the day

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    Elite-ist likes this.