Walkman Summer

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Rune Lindman, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Rune Lindman

Rune Lindman Member

Really enjoyed listening to cassettes and Walkmans during this summer, friends and family think I’m crazy packing 20 cassettes for our vacation trip

3E7BA7D1-BACC-4F3D-9766-DFE8CBF85C74.jpeg

Mister X and Emiel like this.
  2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

I am always packing loads of cassettes when I travel too. :thumbsup2:

Mister X and Emiel like this.
  3. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

You did not bring all devices in your signature, right ;)?

4. TooCooL4

Emiel I only ever take one, but I have been known to take 2 different ones some times. My weapon of choice is the DC2, it's the best of both worlds.

Emiel likes this.
  5. Rune Lindman

Rune Lindman Member

I usually “only” bring two, DC2 and another one. My DC2 needs som attention so this time it was DD9 and 701C.

Emiel likes this.
  6. Emiel

@TooCooL4 and @Rune Lindman : great to hear. The DC2, DD9 and 701C are each excellent playback portables.
    This year I only brought the KZ ZS 10 and KZ Terminator IEMs with DAC and high res Apple Music via my iPhone.
    I definitely need to be better prepared next year, although I tend to go into the Minidisc direction :)

Rune Lindman likes this.
  7. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I haven't been listening to cassettes except in the work trucks but I started pulling out LPs after getting my ultrasonic cleaner. I love that most old music was mostly good from beginning to end, sure 2 or three bathroom break songs but mostly great stuff all the way through.

Love the photo, nothing better than music and beaches!

Rune Lindman likes this.
  8. TooCooL4

Just came back from a week working in Paris, below is what I took for the train ride to and from Paris. One headphone, IEM, amplifier, 7 cassettes, rechargeable batteries and one Walkman DC2.
    On my way out while still at Kings Cross station, I manage to break my DC2 not good:ohno2:. Since I only had one unit with me, I had to watch films on the laptop. Breaking the Walkman before I even left the country was not a good start.

Travel Pack.jpg

Emiel likes this.
  9. Emiel

Ow no, manage to break? What happened?

10. TooCooL4

Emiel as I got to the station, the cassette I was listening to had just finished. Got to the station early, could not find good food in the station so I went out the station to a restaurant. After I finished eating left the restaurant, it started to rain I pressed play and wondered why no music. The play button had popped back up, not thinking straight I pressed it again and again forgetting the side had finished. The last time I pressed it, the play button got stuck and the power went off. Pressed stop nothing happened and the play was still stuck in, since it was raining I could not get the Walkman out before I was in the station. When I did get into the station and pressed stop again the play button did not pop out, I open the cassette door still the play stayed in. when I pressed Rew the play button popped out, by now the unit was dead. I thought new batteries, changed them still the same. Anyway by the time I got the unit to move, then I got no sound. Checked that I had the amp on, it was on still no sound. Tried again with the volume up to max, got a very faint sound and the cassette played slow. By now I knew the unit was toast. :veryangry:

11. Emiel

Motor / servo amp failure then?

12. TooCooL4

Not a clue, beyond my skills. I'll get it to someone who knows what they are doing.

13. Derek marshall

Derek marshall Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Chris. Hope you manage to sort it out soon.

14. TooCooL4

Derek I hope so too, it's already in the post to Deb64 now.
    For now I have switched to another DC2. :nwink:

Emiel likes this.