Walkmans for sale or swap - Updated

Discussion in 'Stereo2Go classifieds (not auctions)' started by Emiel, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Hello all,
    I'm want to reduce the number of Walkmans I have at hand.

The first to go are Panasonic players:
    1. Panasonic RQ-SX10 - Mint, in factory state, Fix Your Audio new belts, serial BD2JA003950 - Can seem to get this one working after repair, see also walkman threads here;
    2. Panasonic RQ-SX53 - Okay optical state, with remote (working), original headphones (not working), Fix Your Audio new belts, serial FD7HC72021;

- Panasonic RQ-S25 - Very good state, 3 very minor blemishes, no new belts, serial SF3EB18461 [GONE].
    These come with box, manuals and various accessories and do power on and sound is working, even if only the remote beeps.

Swap offers are welcome too, minidisc and cassette related suggestions are welcome.
    Can be bought or swapped as one lot, although it is not required.

For pictures of the actual units, please see my For Sale or Swap album.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  2. Emiel

Also available are Sony units:

0. Sony WM-FX56 - Box including accessories, good state, requires new belt;
    1. Sony WM-EX612 - In working order, near mint, box including accessories except the gumstick battery, with new belt, serial 64617;
    2. Sony WM-EX631 - In working order, with remote and battery holder;
    3. Sony WM-EX652 - In working order, with remote and battery holder;
    4. Sony WM-EX57 - In working order, with remote, no battery holder as one cannot be attached; proprietary remote (green connector), separate 3.5 mm jack on unit;
    5. Sony WM-FX70 - In working order, no remote but with battery holder;
    6. Various EX5xx and EX6xx - Motors spinning, audible beeps when connected to headphones, require at least new belts.

- Sony WM-EX500 - Near mint, with headphones, playing [GONE];
    - Sony WM-EX522 - Near mint, without headphones, playing [GONE].

For pictures of the actual units, please see my For Sale or Swap album.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Very interesting topic, But as a suggestion place some of the models you expect to receive in exchange.

4. Emiel

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion.
    I still need to add a few Aiwa units, 1 is already captured in the album: green boxed PX-257 with a black donor unit as I dropped that one.

I am interested particularly in Sony D-line and 700 series of walkmans.
    As I am not an avid collector, I only have a few: WM-D6C, WM-D3, DDII, DD33, DC2 and DX100. That last one I consider part of the D-line as the mechanism is a DD mixed with belt.
    The WM-D6C is completely overhauled by a dedicated S2Go member. It has been fully serviced and comes with a repair report.
    The Serial number is in the 2yyyyy range, and it includes the original headphones, leather case, and box with matching serial number.
    It is in very good shape aesthetically and technically it performs as if it came off the assembly and fine-tune line yesterday. Wow and flutter are dead on, and it is configured for the modern RTM cassettes.

The low cost D series with problematic caps (DD11 and DD22) I would not prefer, and boxes and all accessories are not a must at all.
    However, I’m open to other suggestions, feel free to start a conversation or reply to this thread.
    If the swap value of my devices is considered to be too low, an additional monetary contribution is of course an option. This depends on the swap proposal :)

On the other hand, some Minidisc players (and some recorders) I also find fascinating, although I don't have a shortlist of ones I really like.
    I don't like the ones that require the bigger 3.7v gumstick opposed to the 1.2V, as those are nearly impossible to get.

Besides walkmans, I'm also willing to swap a IN-18 6 Tube Nixie clock + 1 spare tube, so 7 in total.
    These tubes are relatively large and rare and have less than 300 hours on them (less than 2 weeks actual use). There are 2 photos available in my albums.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021