Which remote controls 'work' for WM-EX20

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Tan_Linguine, May 20, 2024.

1. Tan_Linguine

Tan_Linguine New Member

Hi, all,

Recently, I was able to purchase a WM-EX20 that was unfortunately missing its original remote controller. However, after some research, I found that someone reported their FX493's controller worked with their EX20 to some extent (able to play, pause, fast forward, and rewind).

Does anyone here know (or, if you have the components, can quickly test) which other remote controllers work for the WM-EX20? I'm likely never going to find an original EX-20 controller, but I see that many EX610/674/677 controllers are sold on ebay.

I'm also open to alternative solutions or buying the original controller if you or someone you know just so happens to have one for sale at a reasonable price.

2. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Hi!
    The EX2000 and 910 appear to use a comparable (not identical) remote: RM-WME23L.

Tan_Linguine likes this.
  3. Tan_Linguine

Tan_Linguine New Member

Thank you! Those are luckily available and appear to go for around $100 each. Not too bad.

Out of curiosity, is there any easy way to tell if a remote controller will work with a particular Walkman model without trying it yourself?

4. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

The best would be a forum member with the models at his or her disposal.
    The other option is to compare the resistor ladder in the service manuals, and those should be readily available on Walkman.land.

Tan_Linguine likes this.
  5. Tan_Linguine

Tan_Linguine New Member

Awesome, thank you! I just checked the service manuals and they do indeed look compatible! :)