Who’s bought Walkman via Buyee? I have a question.

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by On The Beach, Jun 24, 2024.

1. On The Beach

On The Beach Active Member

Not sure if it the correct area, so please move if it wrong.

I’ve bought nine different Walkman that I liked on Yahoo Japanese auction, buyer service is Buyee.

Now the question… Individual postage costs is about aud$40 but they have a consolidation service that will group them into one box and send.
    Any idea how much cheaper that is? Last time I bought a couple and paid individual but they still put it in one box anyway. I’ve asked Buyee but it’s says 1-2 days to answer.

I did plan that it’d be $40 per player but if it can be packaged and a lot cheaper that’s a better option.

Cassette2go likes this.
  2. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I have bought from buyee Japan many things boomboxes and walkmans and if you use the consolidation service and can wait nearly 30 days to complete your buying and then do the consolidation shipping. You'll save a lot on shipping. That's the simple answer.

Jorge and On The Beach like this.
  3. Cassette2go

Another thing buying from over there.
    You can choose what to consolidate and if you can hold on upward to 30 days you get free storage while you're still shopping for various whatever.
    When it comes to shipping select the their brand of shipping. Do not use EMS that's the longest my experience. Don't use seamail if it's an option, that will take 2 to 3 months to get to you I don't know if you're that patient I'm not LOL.
    If you select their brand of shipping then you will probably get it via DHL FedEx or UPS depending upon their whim of whatever shipping prices versus distance and all that that suits them better for I don't know saving money or better shipping options for whatever you select to have them shipped to you that's what I do. Lastly if you do their shipping you'll get it quicker then what it may be shows on the screen that's been my experience.

Jorge and On The Beach like this.
  4. On The Beach

thanks for replying.
    So it is a lot cheaper? They don’t just say it still $40 x 9 items = $360 .. any kind of estimate do you think, would it be half that?

and they don’t throw out any Walkman boxes or papers do they (it kinda reads that way)?

Cassette2go likes this.
  5. On The Beach

DHL seems to be the cheaper option and get the item quick. FedEx is a lot more expensive for Australia. Buyee default is EMS, a few dollars more than DHL.

I am at the 20 day mark for warehouse for the first one 28 days left for the last one.

Cassette2go likes this.
  6. Cassette2go

After the shipper has shipped it to the main Warehouse then all they do is consolidate the packages into one box and then weigh it and ship it basically.
    Or you could pay for shipping individually with an individual package per one item per box, I have simply gotten a bunch of little boxes in one big box and saved on the individual shipping. Trust you can understand that.

7. On The Beach

Last time I bought maybe 5 or 6 Walkman they put them all in one box anyway..I don’t choose Consolidate but they did it anyway (even though I paid for individual.)

I asked about the Walkman boxes because their info says they remove any packaging before they put it in the consolidation box.

looks like I choose that option and DHL postage.

Cassette2go likes this.
  8. Cassette2go

I haven't bought too many walkmans from there but boomboxes. I have bought a bunch and I have consolidated those and they have removed the packaging and only once I think did simply repackage two items without removing the original packaging that was together with, but normally they will but I normally deal in mailboxes. Let me give you an example.
    PXL_20240620_203940606.jpg
    That's the inside wall of my bedroom.

PXL_20240620_203915150.MP.jpg
    And that's the outside wall of my bedroom.
    PXL_20240620_180045025.MP.jpg
    And in this room we call the radio room there's about maybe I don't know 300 or so full size boomboxes of various sizes and such. So in the other room there were bins and they had walkmans in them and that's about all I know. Good luck in your shipping from Japan to Australia. I live in Dallas, Texas, USA.

Silver965, Jorge and On The Beach like this.
  9. On The Beach

thanks. What I meant was, say you bought a new in box Akai boombox, do they remove that original Akai box to make the packing a little smaller? I don’t want to lose the original Sony boxes.

Cassette2go likes this.
  10. Cassette2go

I've never had that happen but there's always a first time. I don't think these people are that way. I believe they can recognize the difference between packaging and the original product in the box and they won't shouldn't separate the original product from the box. I mean that's just what people buy. Have you ever shipped anything around the world? I have many times. It's all about the size of the package. The amount of packing needed to care for whatever either high weight item or a low weight item. But it's all about the size of the package and the weight of the item and how well it's packed and they pack it pretty good. It just all depends on so many variables. I can't begin to describe it for you. Long story short, I've had no issues with them consolidating stuff and shipping stuff. Only once did I get something that was a multiple item sale and the original seller didn't package it too. Terribly well so one of the four or five items I got was slightly case damaged. It was a boombox but it was a small one. It was a mono one and it just didn't matter to me. Everything else arrived just fine. I've bought about three m90s from over there. That's the Victor model. And I've gotten a TRC 975 from over there. And I got a Conion C100FJ from over there the Japanese domestic model version and I recently repaired it a few days ago and it works great. Both cassette decks work. That's the main deal I repaired them. The list goes on. I just repaired a sharp GF 505sb for the second or third time. I'll stop here. I could go onwards but I've gotten about 40 or 50 items from over there with no issues. I don't mind paying for shipping. I decentman4you2007@gmail.com
    Is my email. I'll answer any questions. Good day!.

On The Beach likes this.
  11. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

My experience is that combining the items is much cheaper.
    You can consolidate already consolidated packages too, just for the purpose of having one package internationally shipped.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2024
    Cassette2go likes this.
  12. On The Beach

Thanks Emiel.

Cassette2go likes this.
  13. On The Beach

OK. An update.
    I chose Consolidate. Had 10 Walkman with remotes etc, some with boxes.
    Total shipping to my address in Australia is AU$180.11 ( 18,151 yen ) . I chose DHL as it’s not only quicker, it’s nearly half the price of their EMS post.
    So about $18 per item, where as individually they were going to be about $45-55 each.

14. givemeyourwalkmans

givemeyourwalkmans Active Member

Thanks for getting back with your information.

15. soluna

soluna Active Member

I also buy over buyee with consolidation, and the savings are OK. The only thing, i miss, is the option to contact the original seller. Last i wanted to please seller to pack an old cassette very well in the buyee fleamarket, but because there was no option i`ve got a much more damaged tape. Shit happens...