WM-F15 Help

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Mikamo, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Mikamo

Mikamo New Member

58B51BF6-240E-4B49-B05F-34285FA294BE.jpeg 93A49DB3-01D7-434B-9FD2-B4B0A52C1723.jpeg So I picked this lil guy up from a thrift store for $3. I know a deal when I see one. Wasn’t working, but I expected that. Bought and installed a belt, but still not working. Turns out, I’ve got a bunch of disconnected wires. Not sure if it was already like that or if I messed up, but I have no idea where the wires go—they’re all color coded, and the service manual is, of course, in black and white. Not that it matters too much, though. I am probably the worst solderer on the planet. Anyone around who I can send it to (plus a little cash or something) to get it fixed?
    Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is a little unorthodox—this is my first real post here.
    Thanks

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

There's one for sale on ebay for $399.99 plus shipping, here's the ad
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/123336793307

They have a couple photos of the board, it looks like the connections are marked on the circuit board. They look like they are for the power jack, I'd try batteries now to see if it has power. The soldering looks kind of easy, you shouldn't do any major damage if you try but I'd take some before photos just in case you do.

f15 2.jpg
    f15 1.jpg

3. Mikamo

Mikamo New Member

Tried with batteries, no dice. And like I said, I’m the worst solderer on the planet. Never could figure it out. But I’ll try my best. Thanks :)

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Can you at least see where they go? I can see RED, BLU, and BRWN on that board...