1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beaters and Work/ Garage boxes?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Brutus442, Apr 24, 2017.

1. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

hahaaa, nope, i think it's part of the debrew of that klingon-battlecruiser wich was destroyed by the enterprise during that genesis-mission

(...and shows how little style the klingons have !) :biggrin:

kitchen10, Ω SK-95 and samovar like this.
  2. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Yeah, lowly human primates did much better in 70-ies!!! At some point in their evolution towards Klingtons it was called "Porsche Design", then The Force was lost... Forever ;-(

3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

image.jpg This is my Beater... Cannot force myself into taking The Elephant outside, (plus it does not sound as good as it looks), so here is my "beater"-barbecuing/drinking companion!!! As you can see, its a hard-core Disco today: Eruption and Yello: my night after a Hard Day in the Lab...
    Note to myself: to record some Beatles onto cassette, 30 years ago I was too "sophisticated" for the guys, its time to fix my youthful mistakes!
    Love this Sencor so much! Received today an extra cassette mech for it, now I am safe for another 50 years! Full recap with Nichicon Fine Gold caps, new belts... Sounds amazing, no need to go to the "sweet spot" between Naim Audio speakers for a music fix :)

Eruption: my grandma suffered a lot listening to it once I've learned where to get such awesome tunes (Boney M was another fav of mine, oops! It is still playing when I workout!)
    To end my reminiscences: NOTHING beats good boombox on cassette, it is the ultimate Time Machine!!!

4. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Oh, the Sencor, I'm in love with the Swiss box. Yours does not look like a beater but like a winner :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Ω SK-95 likes this.
  5. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@samovar : You should have seen it when I got it! Or maybe not, the baby was totally neglected! Now it is put to work ;-)

6. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Tony this box reminds me of the robot from Rocky 4
    rocky.jpg

Ω SK-95, kitchen10 and samovar like this.
  7. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member