1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware of ebay member "happyaibo"

Discussion in 'Buyers & Seller Feedback' started by buzbox, Oct 16, 2017.

1. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Right but it’s only rewarding him, to give him a deck and his money

2. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I've moved on from this. There no point in dwelling on it anymore.

3. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Hey sorry man, didn’t mean to go that way! Just do what you do best innit

4. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Mate, wasn't have a go at ya. :) By the way when I read you typed 'innit' it just reminds me of Ali G. Heheheheh. Love that show.

5. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Haha! I got a Italian mate who was always asking ‘what is this ‘innit’ all the time’ and can’t get the pronunciation or dry delivery right. But then I try and say anything in Italian it’s a huge insult.

6. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

buzbox
    I would let this go and take the loss. Whatever you try to do will make the situation worse.

I dealt with a manipulator who sent me a broken walkman instead of a "perfect" one and when i reported the problem, he accepted the return. as soon as i shipped the walkman he called Paypal and ask for a 3rd party to check the item and prove the malfunction (by this time walkman was on its way to Germany). I told Paypal people about not being able to provide 3rd party assessment. walkman reached to Germany and our manipulator who asked me to send the walkman didn't accept the walkman from post office. they tried couple of time to deliver the walkman to him but he didn't accept it. It was sent back to me after a month sitting in post office in Germany. The whole month i was checking the tracking#.

Anyway, we all get bad experiences dealing with these type of people. Just let it go. I understand how hard the situation is but believe me there is no better alternative at this time.

Command8 and Radio Raheem like this.
  7. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

You can respond to the bad feedback as well. https://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/feedback-disputes.html

Just clearly state you offered to cover all costs for return and that buyer is a moron!

I once sent at least 4 small homemade items to a buyer who said he never received them, and he left negative feedback. So I just said “sent buyer 4 items to stated address” and it shows up next to my red mark. I felt better anyway, the guy called me all sorts of names and took the piss out of my spelling. If only shitexpress was invented then!

8. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

I feel you're pain...simple answer is don't sell on ebay lads....i never will, ebay is all about greed and not for me

9. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I agree with everything you guys have said. I enjoy collecting these Walkmans and repairing them. That's the way I am able to get the Walkmans that I want for my own collection. This is just one idiot out of 7.5 billion people. Does not phase me. I know I've lost the money and more but it's just money.

10. A O

A O Active Member

Buzbox, there are times when you just have to walk away with your tail between your knees. Luckily there aren't many of these guys around but you should be safe in the knowledge that anyone wanting to swindle a walkmna seller seriously has a lot of other issues. So, count yourself as the winner here, seriously.

On a secondary note, as a very active eBay seller can I suggest you don't put your 'please read' on your listings. I find as a buyer that nothing puts me off more than someone who clearly knows their stuff and is willing to play hard ball. You don't need to explain your negative feedback, these things happen, can't be helped. Too much explanation often hints that you may have more to hide. This is just my personal opinion.

Also, your walkmancollective site is excellent, where did you find that WM-J501? These are impossibly rare

11. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I agree. I just want to be honest with buyers that all. The WM-J501 was a purchase from yahoo auctions. You're right about it being rare. I knew nothing about them and got it for a good price too. I've had it for a few years now. Only just got it running few weeks ago :) New belt, pinch rollers and demagnetized.

12. funkitall

funkitall Active Member

Hi BUZZBOX.....
    Feel your pain.....EBAY are tossers at times and always side with the sodding Buyer even when the buyer is a tool...
    My feedback was until recently 100% with over 1300 bods
    I sold a bog standard Walkman for £15....it didn`t work so I presumed that when a battery pack is added you can hear the wheels whirring around...
    In the photos of the item there was no showing of a battery pack but this guy assumed that they were getting it ....
    They took over a week to pay for the goods and then kicked off when the machine would not start due to no pack...
    So that got nasty....and ebay sided with them.
    The Walkman then was up for sale at £100.00... At the most it is a £30.00 unit
    Tosspot!!

13. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

I know these remarks aren't new. But I suppose that I was justified in laughing out loud (truly LOL) at that word that you used: cockwombles. A quick Google check of the word shows results from forum.wordreference.com. Cockwombles means: "A foolish or obnoxious person." (A bit of British sauce, eh, what?)

Sly. and Northerner like this.
  14. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

It’s a great word :)

Sly. likes this.