Calling all turntable experts!! Need help on correct belt size.

Discussion in 'Home Audio Gear Chat Area' started by buzbox, Jul 17, 2018.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Hey all,

So a friend of mine found a turntable being thrown out by his neighbour and asked if he could have it. After he got it home he found the belt was missing. He's asked me to replace it but i'm no expert on turntables so need to know the correct size. The turntable is a Technics SL B210. After some research I think its a 23-24 inch diameter belt. Anyone know the exact size and best place to get one?

2. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member

3. lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy Well-Known Member

Vinyl Engine lists it as part number SFGBZ15R01

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

That's a nice little Technics, they pretty much cornered the market with their very good looking plastic models of the late 70's. We have a ton of supply stores over here but I don't know if they ship to Australia, a good one is a local shop called the Needle Doctor https://www.needledoctor.com/analog/analog-components/turntables Ebay is probably your best place to go.

5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Jorge likes this.
  6. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@Boodokhan +1!!! If this belt not available from the dealer, go with turntableneedles, avoid eBay sellers.
    I bought extra belts for my Sondek off ebay, they were correct size but I could not adjust correct speed no matter what I did. The belt was just too soft. The ones bought from Linn (at extra few bucks) fixed the problem. Just my two cents of personal experience

Boodokhan likes this.
  7. Mister X

I should have said Ebay is your best place if you don't have any access to a reputable source. Yes, there's lots of stories of bad belts from Ebay out there, luckily I have my own stash and have never had to buy one.

8. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Thanks for the input to all. I did find one from a local ebay store but will do more research.

9. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

10. Mister X

Russell Industries has a ton of replacement parts for any type of tape deck, TT etc. I haven't used them and the website is from 2001 but I did call last Thanksgiving and got a voicemail recording. I think they bought PRB 15 or so years ago and they were manufacturing in Wisconsin, USA. They've been around forever and seem to be the goto place for electronic repair shops so I have to believe the quality is good.

11. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Too busy to travel to any local stores here is Australia so i'll just buy the one from ebay and give it a try.