1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cloned walkman that sounds good!

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by RetroTech, Feb 9, 2023.

1. RetroTech

RetroTech New Member

I have tested allot of cloned walkmans out there on the marked that play normal cassette tapes. But all have even mono sound or so high W/F that it is insane to play music on. But Is all bad? I did last year come over this amazing clone. And why amazing well it is. This clone of walkman is in my eyes well worth to try out. First of all it is same size as most old walkmans and use 2xAA battery. It have stereo tape head, ff/rev, auto reverse, manual reverse, play, stop, usb port to connect to pc, headphone jack 3.5mm, volume up/down and led light. And as a bonus it allso have speed adjustment inside case it run to fast or slow. The one I did buy did sound good but was tiny bit fast on play so I adjust the speed on it and that did the trick. I`m happy to have found and tested this walkman. If some consider to try this, let me know and I will try find out if they still sell this. I did contact them last year that I hope they make one with bass/mega bass. To this day I have no update on that part. So with this you can expect good sound but no none bass. If you allso want more picture of it let me know. Regards: RetroTech
    20230209_114512.jpg 20230209_114523.jpg 20230209_114619.jpg

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I have one of those sold as a tape digitizer. I paid just £5 in a Charity Shop so it wasn't a bad buy.
    The design seems to have been around quite a while. The fact that they are talking about Vista in this listing
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004976413349.html
    dates it to over ten years old, as did the home shopping catalogue mine came with.

I just found a picture I posted here back in 2021
    T2 MP3.JPG
    The catalogue in the box was dated 2009 so I was about right with the date.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  3. RetroTech

RetroTech New Member

Yes it is amazing to find one new clone out there that have good sound. It will offcorse never be as good as a top model from sony but that is not my point. My point is that this one is the closest I have ever tested that comes close to sony walkman from 80s and 90s. But it is a bit shame that it dont have bass. But for the price and fact it is a new product, for what you get it is good.

4. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I just added to my post. I guess the design dates back to a time when they were actually expecting people to use these rather than just buy them as some Nostalgic retro throwback like a wind up gramophone. I have commented before that in 2008 Ford were still selling Cars (Kas) with a factory fitted cassette player so cassettes hung around for longer than many people think.

5. banyanleaf

banyanleaf New Member

I got one that has all-clear casing. Cool to see the mechanism in work. The sound is acceptable, not amazing. But after all, it can use USB as power source, no battery needed. For the price (I paid less than USD$25 shipped from China), it is absolutely worth it.