1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cool stuff for sale mega-thread.

Discussion in 'Auctions and classifieds' started by Mister X, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

2. Mister X

3. Mister X

4. CDV

CDV Well-Known Member

Norelco Carry Corder 150 3301 T With Original Packing And Carry Case (1966) — the 3301 is the second version of the 3300, the first cassette recorder. AFAIK, the 3301 was the first one sold in the U.S, the 3300 was for Europe only. 1966 seems kinda late, I thought that since it was introduced in the U.S. in the late 1964, by 1966 it should have been was replaced with the 3302. Maybe not.

Anyway, less than $100 for a "small" package, which, sadly is missing a tape cartridge. Half a year ago there was a "large" package sold on eBay for the same price, it came with four tape cartridges.

[​IMG]

5. Mister X

6. CDV

CDV Well-Known Member

7. Mister X

8. Mister X

Here's a rare one, a Reader's Digest Mono Boombox. Reader's Digest was a small paperback book that had condensed stories, games and a few columns, it was very popular in the 70's. One of the extras was mixed music tapes and albums and audio equipment you could buy through a mail-order program. I have one of the early 70's component stereos and it's nicely built although no one knows the manufacturer, some say NEC, some say Sansui or other contract manufacturers.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Re...motedViewItems&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

Readers Digest.jpg

9. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Not cool but some tapes to go with it
    Readers Digest Tapes.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bundle-Of-...181470?hash=item4473c6c0de:g:sRoAAOSwWkRfsaQu
    Yes we got Readers Digest here in the U.K. A four tape set of "Remembering the Forties" is exactly the sort of thing you would expect them to produce.

Mister X likes this.
  10. Mister X

Some of those look pretty good and you'd have a hard time finding the music otherwise, I bet the Glenn Miller tapes are pretty nice. I've got the Time-Life Swing Series of about 20+ album boxes. I think there's three albums in each box with a booklet, great stuff. I'd read the books while listening to the music, they used to have huge buildings where they'd host concerts all around the USA, first dinner then the band would come on with several thousand people. Amazingly most of those places have disappeared and were forgotten.

11. Longman

Mister X likes this.
  12. Mister X

13. Mister X

Papa likes this.
  14. Longman

15. Mister X

Yea but your never gonna see one again Longman!

16. Longman

One for fans of Sony ATRAC
    Har_d1000.jpg
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-HAR...490779?hash=item4473e9fd9b:g:GaUAAOSwUV1gIZlz

This dates from about the same time as the first iPod but has four times the storage and can rip your CDs without needing a computer.
    Check out the sellers other items. He even has a working DCC deck !

One for Vinyl fans who want a discrete looking system
    Sony PS-FL1.jpg
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-PS-...858988?hash=item1d012e3cac:g:LKIAAOSwn6FgKWoL

If this was more local I would be tempted, although I have two from this range of Record decks already and the Sony stand was obviously designed thinking than all popular formats were covered by the Record deck and Casseiver.

Mister X likes this.
  17. Mister X

That's wild equipment, you'd really have to seek it out when new, check out the Sony Branded "Rack."

18. Longman

I actually went on HiFiArchiv and had a look at some Sony Catalogues to see if I could find any stands but didn't see any.

I did find this nice picture of the main London Sony Centre on Regent Street back in the 1980 brochure. I like the uncased equipment in the perspex boxes in the centre, presumably to show the high-tech Sony insides. Look closely and it looks as if they have taken down a large Sony sign, maybe the same as the one earlier in this thread from the wall above the lady sitting at the desk.
    Sony Showroom.jpg
    That would of been the sort of place to find selling a complete system complete with stand.
    It is quite possible that Sony had them made locally in the U.K. Some of the larger speakers definitely were. It probably wouldn't have been economic to go shipping furniture thousands of miles back then.

Mister X likes this.
  19. Mister X

Nice photo, the guy in the back is playing with a mono Sony Boombox. I can see the SONY wood fade, I think we have a match for the letters.

A lot of our Japanese Speakers were also made in USA, I have a feeling it was just the cabinets and not the drivers.

20. Mister X

Silver965 likes this.