1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you buy new cassette tapes lately? Show us your musical taste here!

Discussion in 'Cassettes' started by odyrock, Dec 22, 2016.

1. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Ha ha yes, you me and a few others are just a bit eccentric :nodding:

James Tervit likes this.
  2. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

Agree its like a CV of my life lol, good to look back on stuff that captured you at the time.... I will have better copies on my dat, so I at least wont lose them...

3. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

I finally found my home yaaaayyyy..

4. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Yes it is a history of our lives. Some times i look at some of them and i think "What the hell was i thinking" but hey such is life.

With my collection if you click on the album covers it will show you the contents also if you click other formats you can see what else i have on other formats. I still have not finished entering everything but i am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel :biggrin:

5. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member

James: Quite the wall you built up from cassettes. That's one way of showing what you got - I like it. This is an older photo of a bunch of pre-recorded tapes I bought at the local thrift store, It seems someone's collection was turned in all at once.

[​IMG]

Nando.

James Tervit likes this.
  6. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

I started cataloguing my vinyl on discogs, not something you can do quickly but it is worth it especially if you search for a song and you can where it is and what album/... love great work on the cataloguing mate..

stereomecha99 likes this.
  7. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

Hi Nando, it was a lot of fun, it was challenging as not all cassettes are even at the bottom.... I love that Derek and The Dominos, I have a very rare Jay And The Americans, Donald Fagan was a keyboard player on that touring band..

8. stereomecha99

stereomecha99 Active Member

Hi all, will try to post my collection soon. I have been importing bits and bobs from Japan lately from artists I have followed for a few years now, however in regards to Elite-ists posts I have noticed that my mixtapes seem to be a bit... Lacking in terms of bass. A few of my Walkmans have graphic equalizers or either an off/on or rotary mega bass controller so I can sort of 'artificially' account for that but without any enhancements the music sounds rather flat. I am using some Type 1's that I have not used in 20 years of them lying around my house, neither me or my parents had any interest in them when I was younger so I am trying to make use of them now. :)

Jorge likes this.
  9. stereomecha99

stereomecha99 Active Member

Something I lose sight of with this hobby is that it's all about enjoying music at the end of the day, sometimes I'm too interested in just the technology itself :p

Jorge likes this.