1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Europeans not like bubble wrap?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Reli, Dec 12, 2017.

1. ianthepostie

ianthepostie Active Member

I got this from an Ebay seller in Italy. It was rattling around inside a huge second hand jiffy bag. My heart sunk as I picked up the package from the doorstep and heard the pieces rattling around inside :-(

IMG_4688.JPG

2. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Seeing these pics makes me grind my teeth with anger. I do agree that plastic is a slow death we've inflicted upon ourselves but the genie is out of the bottle so to speak. Plastic isn't going away, at least in the near future. Re-using plastic bubble wrap is something I always do. Paper is fine for small objects but the shipping world is a cruel one. Pack your boxes like you'd like to receive them...solidly.

Nothing good comes from a buyer receiving broken merchandise and a seller bearing the brunt of the disappointment. Ironically a little plastic bubble wrap, might save a larger piece of boombox plastic from ending up in the dump.

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  3. Risingsunproject

Risingsunproject Active Member

Let me and my glue alone for today brutus i just got that package of garbage.....plus its enough ecologic to me to save those boxes from the dupster so less bubble wrap will not save the world.If you are such an ecologist get a water filter,one filter prevents 10000 plastic bottles to end up in landfills hahahha bahhhhh :banghead:!

Brutus442 likes this.
  4. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more Risingsunproject. You and your glue are doing a service of love. I agree with everything you said. See your PM

5. Risingsunproject

Risingsunproject Active Member

yes something changed in my heart when i saw something shiny in the bottom of that box and guess what it turns too without breaking again.....

Brutus442 likes this.
  6. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

So you gentlemen are receiving boomboxes wrapped in blankets? Are they nice and snug with a bedtime story being read to them? (Just kidding.)

Seriously, do be careful, all you vintage boombox-sellers out there. Do pack and ship with bubble-wrap care.:nono

Brutus442 likes this.
  7. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

Aw, that’s rough, Reli (quite literally, SMH). It seems like cluelessness or indifference on the seller’s part led to the slipshod packaging of that unit. ((It wasn’t a Grundig, was it?) Yes, I admit that I was on the verge of lettin’ rip a singularly nasty hyphenation of a cuss word on seeing the damage …

Brutus442 likes this.
  8. Selcuk Turkoglu

Selcuk Turkoglu New Member

Thanks Boodokhan.

I just find it the safest way to get the stereo to someone is by literally wrapping it so much that nothing can get to it. It doesn't cost much more anyway but for peace of mind it's definitely worth it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    deech likes this.
  9. deech

deech Well-Known Member

These posts always make my heart skip a beat.
    I feel so sorry for the units. Happened to me too and i guess theres no exception
    to every one who imports bboxes from another country that hadnt received a
    a damaged unit.
    There was a topic on the old forum with guidelines on how to pack properly.

Brutus442 likes this.
  10. Selcuk Turkoglu

Selcuk Turkoglu New Member

I tend to find it really difficult to find a reliable supplier for anything other than bubble wrap and sellotape here. One day they have the right cardboard box and the next day *POOF*, it's gone! So the best thing for me to do is use 20 metres of bubble wrap. I understand the environmental issues regarding this but I know that the bubble wrap will be used by the next person as I tend to wrap a stereo in one single length.

Brutus442 likes this.