1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake or real

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Boodokhan, May 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

well, I collect Walkmen for a long time and before this f***king "Guardians of the Galaxy"-hype besides us few "freaks" here nobody, and seriously absolute nobody was interested in Sony TPS-L2.
    i used to own i think 6 or 7 units, and honestly the max i ever paid for one was 10 bucks on a flea-market, never bought'em on ebay, because mostly shipping was more then the unit's price. this Marvel-hype was cool for me, i sold all of my TPS-L2 (...yep, have none left, only a few WM-3) for a fortune - but i still can't see the reason why somebody pays those amounts for those units - yes, it was the 1st. portable stereo cassette player called "Walkman" - but in my eyes that doesn't make'm worth more then many, many others...

i'm waiting for a nice blooming commercial f***king movie with some dully "superstar" wearing a WM-2 - and i can happily retire :)

Radio Raheem likes this.
  2. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

God bless Auto, totally remember those days my friend, before those shite films which I don't want to see you could get the tpsl2 for £10 nobody wanted em, you know me Conrad maybe I'm at fault my friend but iv never been into this hobby for the money thing, if it were up to me everything would be free no money, that would make us all equal (have what you want for free) and go to work because you want to, not because you have to:wink::wavey:

3. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

well, having seen the link, its clearly stated that its a fake box. So no real harm there. The only thing that's criminal is the price.

4. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

5. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Indeed, but
    indeed... Crazy.... Imagine that all the boomboxes are +5000$ ... Would that change the way you collect them??

6. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

7. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

That clears the mistery...

8. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Hello Helaba
    Those pictures you see are diffenet verion of boxes sold in European, Japanese and US market and all are original. The member who posted those pictures "Kent" carries a big collection of walkmans and i hope he register to new sites. and as far as i know he also has the best cassette collection

9. Boodokhan

The link that you referred clearly indicated repro box and still people are not paying attention and bidding on it. I think the seller added this after i mentioned to him that i have concerns about the box ( I am not sure about it) the one i bought was a little bit different than this.

Anyway, seller is a nice guy and we are talking to each other. He is very professional and gave me different options.

10. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

I see Dear Boodokhan.... Nice that you have options! And indeed, maybe the "repro" is thx to you...?? :) can you see the 7 pics of the boxes from the old forum??? I am not.... :) i really want that old Japanese box with the funny walking legs..... Dont you have a " rep" to sell me?

11. Boodokhan

I cannot see the 7 pictures from Kent's post now but i had seen them on old forum.
    I do have the japanese version ( only one) and 3 US version and all of them are original. In my opinion do not collect fake items. You better have a small collection but all functional and real.

12. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

I understand what you mean.... :) i have small... You have XXXXL.... Do you have many Windows to dress? Or you present them in a Walkman room ...