1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GE Boombox model

Discussion in 'Gear you want' started by Wolfie0827, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Wolfie0827

Wolfie0827 New Member

Sorry if I step on anyone's toes, and apologize if this is in the wrong area.

I am trying to find a specific model of boombox. It was an GE model towards their higher end, it was styled like the General Electric Blockbuster but was a bit larger and had dual cassette, Line out, and could take an external stereo mic. The cassettes could record from line in, internal mic, radio, and external mic. You could also record from one cassette to the other at high-speed.

It had cord storage and used either 6 or 8 D cell batteries, not sure which of those. It was manufactured sometime between 1979 and 1982.

Radio was a PLL digital tuner for AM and FM. Not sure if it was produced World wide or just for the States (Which is where I got mine back in 83'.)

If anyone could help me find/remember the model it will be greatly appreciated. Not necessarily looking to buy/acquire, just looking for information like the model number/name for now.

2. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I:\0 2014\jamesbo\JamesDocumentsEverything\Sold Outside Ebay boombox plus\laurence escueta GE digital radio 3-5295A
    above is just my file name and I di not know that person...
    p.s. I had this model and as it never worked correctly for me and I ( sadly for me now - never opened it ) unlike I am doing now and repairing all kinds of boombox so her are all the picture I have of this model as I am fairly certain that this is the one you are asking about, and yes I have not been on here for a few months as I have been IMG_1013 front GE digital radio Boombox 3-5295A.JPG IMG_1014 bottom GE digital radio Boombox 3-5295A.JPG IMG_1016 back GE digital radio Boombox 3-5295A.JPG IMG_1017 top GE digital radio Boombox 3-5295A.JPG IMG_1018 that end GE digital radio Boombox 3-5295A.JPG IMG_1026 power GE digital radio Boombox 3-5295A.JPG IMG_1027 center GE digital radio Boombox 3-5295A.JPG IMG_1028 cassette GE digital radio Boombox 3-5295A.JPG just very busy

3. Cassette2go

IMG_1713 GE top General Electric Blockbuster digital radio cassette Boombox 3-5295A 3-5259A IMG_1713 GE top General Electric Blockbuster digital radio cassette Boombox 3-5295A 3-5259A.JPG

4. Wolfie0827

Wolfie0827 New Member

I think the top one is it. Though for some reason I'm still seeing toggle switches in my minds eye.
    Thank you.

Cassette2go likes this.
  5. Cassette2go

this is the only digital radio stereo cassette by GE in the same size as the other one that I know of, as I do have the loaf of bread size mini ge boombox that also have ... OH !! Wait Toggles
    IMG_3468 James radio room selfie General Electric 3-6000B Analogue & Digital GE 3-6035B IMG_3468 James radio room selfie General Electric 3-6000B Analogue & Digital GE 3-6035B.JPG

6. Cassette2go

I cannot find the original picture as this was before I kept the file name as part of the name so I could know about the pictures I took and when later in life like now :)
    general electric 3-6035 3-6000 cropped.jpg general electric 3-6035 3-6000 cropped

7. Wolfie0827

Wolfie0827 New Member

No, I think you got a hit with the 3-5259A. I really liked this unit, it had everything I wanted on a Boombox at that time. I liked the stereo recording from both builtin mics as well as from external mics.

P.S, that's quite a collection there behind you (I'm assuming that is you in the picture.)

Cassette2go likes this.
  8. Wolfie0827

Wolfie0827 New Member

On this image, the bottom one, is it the same model number as the top or do they have different model numbers?
    And thanks again for finding the info for me.

Cassette2go likes this.
  9. Cassette2go

yes that is me as it is also my in my avatar 713-502-9993 call or text me at and I can send you some fine 16mp pictures right from the Samsung S7 phone

10. Cassette2go

GE top General Electric Blockbuster
    ((( GE DIGTITAL digital radio cassette Boombox 3-5295A )))
    ((((( Blockbuster is this model number 3-5259A ))))
    as I TRY to put the correck model number into every picture < yes coreck - is spelled rong ) sometimes I leave out which is which guessing that people know the difference :)

11. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

I thought you said the one you're looking for had dual cassette?

Cassette2go likes this.
  12. Cassette2go

And I totally missed the lil factiod too