1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello to all folks who are into 80s music, Walkmans, Vintage players...greetings from Singapore!

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Michael, May 1, 2017.

1. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Absolutely, mate! :)
    I am also in Hi-Res those days (right now listening to Rainer Bloss ‎– Drive Inn III on a FIIO X7 DAP :))
    but as you rightly put it "nothing can beat the wall of Sound, clicks, and 1st harmonic distortions of the analog".. :)

Aha, they are.. :)
    Dear me, I haven't been to the Philharmonic Hall here for years.. :scratch2:

2. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@Mystic Traveller: Wow, thanks for the tip! I have Vol.I and II but missed this one. My only excuse is that after getting his LP "AMPSY: A Mythological Fairytale..." I hated it! But, as they say, any friend of Klaus Schulze is my friend, so already bought Vol.III from Amazon :)

3. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Ah, don't mention it, Jorge! :)
    Actually being a kin fan of Alphaville and electronic music of 80s I somehow have missed solo works of Rainer Bloss and just opened his music. :)
    And I am moving in a reverse drection:
    After Vol .III today I listened to Vol. II and AMPSY: A Mythological Fairytale..., and Vol. I is waiting for me.. :)

Good! Share your thoughts afterwards, please. :)

4. Michael

Michael New Member

Thanks guys, going to zoom into the discussion groups soon!
    By the way I am also starting to go into vinyls again....my first objective was to find out...are reissues vinyl sounding as good as the original vinyls released back then....eg Michael Jackson Thriller 80s issue versus the 2017 Europe issue.
    In the past, while collecting CDs, I buy different cd compilation of the same songs...and realised the recording quality sounded very different in different releases.
    I got to chat with some of my friends who worked with the recording companies and was told that while they may use the same master tape (or license to borrow a copy of the master tape), the sound engineer may process the recording differently e.g. more bass use in one, more treble use in another....hence the final output quality is different...
    I believe some of us may prefer the original recording as it was meant to be recorded by the artist...but for me, I prefer the open, bright sound with just the right amount of tight bass. Sometimes for my favourite songs, I will run it through the audio software and save a version I loved to hear.
    Happy to hear everyone's thoughts on our different journey into sound and music appreciation!

Regards,
    Michael

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  5. deech

deech Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Michael .