1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find a topic from the old forum

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by walkman archive, Dec 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

Many of you have asked to save the information about the old forum. You can use 2 options:

1. You can use the new browser that @Michelle Knight has built, that uses directly the old DB:

1. Or alternatively you can browse through around 12000 topics that I saved before the old forum was closed. You can find all them here:

Use the search field in the top right corner to find anything in particular. Or browse them by letter:

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P QR S T U V W XYZ

[Last updated 2020-11-30]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    vinchy likes this.
  2. smalltownguy2

smalltownguy2 New Member

Neither site is working now. Is everything gone?

3. walkman archive

Due to some internal changes, I had to move the repository and forgot to update the actual address, that now is into forums/
    I have updated it.

4. Walkgirl

Walkgirl Member

Is there the rest of my 250.000 posts? :iconconfused:

Mister X likes this.
  5. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

If you can remember what they were about I have found Google works better than internal search.
    The other day it directed me to a thread in the old forum from a normal search of Boombox make and model.

Mister X and Walkgirl like this.
  6. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

We've come a long way, the last forum host wouldn't release the info to upgrade to another host but some members did save the info in the "forum reader" Like Longman said, you can search Google to find old threads but I think there were three other versions of the forum going back to 2002. A ton of information was lost, some very informative threads.

Fortunately I remember most of your posts Walkgirl! Your posts were a real inspiration to my collecting! I must have been younger than the early posters with all of the knowledge, AO used to know everything about Walkmans, then John Edwards with his daily Walkman purchases, ARKAY and his daily grail boombox finds in Hong Kong and Kittmaster and remote control updates.

Lot's of other members that just disappeared but a few have come back and changed their names. Don't worry about the old posts, the interest in cassettes is at an all time high, contribute what you can.

7. walkman archive

I see I haven't updated this page at the same time I did with the main one (the one called 'Old_forum' that you can see at the top blue tabs, just below the new S2G logo).

But I have just updated this page so you can see now both ways to access the old posts.

In the browser by Michelle knight you can enter any old forum (for example, Walkman Chat area) and then clic Ctrl+F in Windows (CMD+F in Mac) to find 'walkgirl' and you'll be directed to all the posts you started or replied in that forum.

upload_2020-12-1_15-22-45.png

Longman likes this.
  8. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Marantz in the house!