1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a Pioneer Reel to Reel

Discussion in 'Gear you want' started by big_brian, Aug 30, 2017.

1. big_brian

big_brian Member

Thanks Nando. Heading out for vacation shortly in the Okanogan. Know any vintage stereo stores, etc worth checking out in the valley?

2. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member

If that means passing through Vernon, I believe the store is at 2909 30th Avenue in downtown Vernon. The previous owner of the store, Rod, is the co-owner of the store I spoke about earlier, here in Squamish. He sold the store about three years ago and I believe there's a healthy used vinyl collection and a few vintage components sold at his old store.

Check out the old video:

For the real deal, you have to check out Innovative Audio in Surrey. The store will be open from Sept-5th through 10th then closed until Sept.19th. I have a very good relationship with the staff at IA. I sold a lot of gear there on consignment and bought a lot of gear there, too.

http://www.iavscanada.com/

This is me featured on their web page.

[​IMG]

Nando.

3. big_brian

big_brian Member

You sure seem to be connected! We will be going thru Vernon, Kelowna, Osoyoos, Nelson etc. Won't quite make it close to the coast. Thanks again - you are a great source of information!!!

4. Elite-ist

You are welcome, Brian. Also in Vernon, check out the HiFi Attic. Mostly new audio components. I have a friend who lives not far from Vernon - Falkland - and we demoed one of their systems. I tallied up the cost of all the components in the system we listened to in the demo test. It added up to around $30K. He and I agreed my system sounded better.

http://hifiattic.ca/

[​IMG]

Nando.

5. Elite-ist

6. big_brian

big_brian Member

Thanks! Will check out those forums and stores.

7. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Hello big_brian, I was checking out a neat little vintage store in Manistique Michigan and he had a 707 last July, I think it was around $300 USD. The guy is an old school repairman so I have to believe it works flawlessly. The website for the shop is http://manistiqueradiocenter.com/ Hope this helps!

8. big_brian

big_brian Member

Thanks!!!!!! Will follow up with him.