1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Sony Walkman collection so far.....

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by buzbox, Dec 7, 2016.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Well it's been a while since I've gotten another Walkman but here's one. It's a WM FX-52. I had a FX-56 back in the 90's in high school but it's impossible to find one nowadays in good condition. I have my original one from the 90's but the sound is all messed up due the bad caps. The FX-52 in the lower model so found this one in excellent to mint condition from the US and it's boxed with the pouch, manuals and original headphones although the foam has deteriorated. The sound is good but nothing compared to a DD player. Has radio, Megasbass, tape selector and AVLS. No Dolby selection which is strange. These models aren't really valuable or collectable these days but brings back a lot of memories for me.

FX-56
    sony_wm-fx56_walkman_radio_cassette_player.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

Next to a DD33

IMG_1611.jpg

Jorge, Patex and Boodokhan like this.
  2. ggg12wmdd9

ggg12wmdd9 New Member

LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Blue wm-101 is in my buying list but I never met one like this for sale.:cry

Jorge likes this.
  3. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Hi ggg12wmdd9!

I agree that the blue one is rare. I fell in love with the colour and can't get enough of it, so when I see one for sale....I jump!:yesss::wavey:

Jorge likes this.
  4. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Another DD to the line up. This time a DD-30. Added Marian's central gear kit and now working perfectly. Some paint chips here and there but overall very happy with this purchase. Surprised by the sound quality compared to the DD-33. A little better in my opinion.

IMG_1783.jpg IMG_1781.jpg

Jorge and Patex like this.
  5. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Another i'll be getting soon in the mail :) Don't know much about the Toshiba cassette players but these are too cool. Comes with the radio tuner too. Looks in ok condition but hopefully it'll clean up well.

merged2_59ff011cb398e.jpg

Jorge, Patex and Brandon like this.
  6. Ricky

Ricky New Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I came across you're amazing paint job! I have a Sony Walkman DD Champagne colour with some damage on one side of the case. Someone went nuts with the wrong screw driver I guess and messed up the case. Overall the rest of the case is great condition. I'm wondering if you have any advice on repairing and possibly repainting? I'll attach pictures for you too see. IMG-0014.JPG

7. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Sorry for the long delay on replying. I don't get on here much anymore. That looks like a tough one to repair. You could use some putty to fill it in and try to repaint with the same colour but like i said it could be tough.

8. Kazman

Kazman New Member

Hey there, What an amazing collection you have there! I'm a newbie to this site and here's my first posting (below) where I'm searching for info on an unusual WM-F30 that I have. I was wondering if by chance this one in your photos may be the same model?

2021-05-29_040107.jpg

9. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I believe that is a WM F10II.

10. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Well it's been a looooooooooooong time since I bought a Walkman. Bought this recently. Mint condition WM R202. Sounds and works great.

20211219_215353.jpg

Patex, Jorge, Mister X and 1 other person like this.
  11. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Nice to see you still stopping in once in awhile buzbox! That's a really nice looking Walkman, I'll have to keep a look out for one, I've neglected the later models, not on purpose, I just don't know a lot about them.

Jorge likes this.