1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My thoughts about boomboxes

Discussion in 'Best Threads' started by walkman archive, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Welcome back hugo, yes the price was high but i think there rare now, worth having just to use on my high end gear, unlike what i had years ago, can't wait lad:)

Patron likes this.
  2. autoreverser

autoreverser Active Member

hahaa, one day Hugo will release a book, called "portable stereo and ZEN" :smoke

3. Reli

Reli Member

The vents on a 1-piece boombox allow it to be heard from behind. This is important because 1-piece boxes are often used outdoors, where people are walking around in several directions. An egg or a 3-piece box, while it might sound superior indoors, is a poor choice for outdoor use, because all of its sound goes toward the front.

Eggs and 3-pieces sound great when you're sitting in front of them, but if you walk to the side or behind them (or into another room), the vocals quickly drop off, leaving only warm, sloppy bass.
    That Kaboom uses real subwoofers on the sides -- They do not produce mids or highs --- So it does not matter which direction they point.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017