1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Computers [PREV] Not your conventional cassette player..

Discussion in 'Home Audio Gear Chat Area' started by Chris, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Tenfifteen

Tenfifteen Member

I have a peritel modul that I used on TV in the 80's (you can see it between the the ZX and the joystick kempton/cursor modul on the picture with the Aiwa and the Quickshot)... And my LG Led TV still have a peritel input... it works fine (way better than the composit/video out even with the mod)

Chris likes this.
  2. Longman

Longman Active Member S2G Supporter

For those of us in Europe wondering what Peritel is it is what people in France call SCART.

Rather strange given that SCART is an acronym for Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs the French organisation who invented it.

For those outside Europe who are wondering what SCART is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

The separate signals for RGB give a similar picture quality to VGA.

3. Tenfifteen

Tenfifteen Member

It would been a miracle if we, in france have done something logical :D :D

4. bugpat

bugpat New Member

Hi,

I'm fond of retro computing too, and own some "computosors"... Like my boomboxes, I love to mod them, like including a divIde inside a Speccy 128+2, or Gotek in Amiga, or sd2iec in C64, or sio2sd in an Atari 65XE, or a rapsberry inside a +2...
    And my favourite of all time is the Speccy 128k+2.
    There is a very active community working on the Speccy, you can see it there : http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/
    Some of my jewels :biggrin: :

[​IMG]

Chris likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Active Member S2G Supporter

Wow! That's pretty impressive collection. I didn't realise you could put a Raspberry Pi in a Spectrum, I might have to look into doing that.

6. Tenfifteen

Tenfifteen Member

Woooow ! What a collection !! I'm jealous :D There are serious moding here ! My amiga is also Gotek powered, shame you're not closer in France, I have 3 full boxes of fAtari ST floppies I would be happy to give for free !

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Longman

Longman Active Member S2G Supporter

That is an impressive collection. I have never known anyone who had an Oric and I don't even recognise the computer at the bottom left.

The modified Spectrum reminds me of the sort of thing people were doing when mini ITX boards first came out.

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/c64/

It is worth browsing through some of the other projects although many are now over ten years old.
    That explains why your Raspberry Pi is faster than the PC motherboards they were using.