1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-Discovered WM-DC2

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by TooCooL4, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I have no doubt the DD9 is a great walkman, but somehow when it comes to listening I do not feel the dieefence between DD9 and DC2

By the way the most recent boxed DC2 sold on ebay for US $1,777.00
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/152405156720?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

At that price, you know what they say don’t you “A fool and he’s / her money are soon parted”
    But then if you really want something and you have the money then why not? :wink:

3. Boodokhan

I agree with you :thumbup:

4. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I think we experience the music in slightly different ways, and I agree with you.

The differences are not night and day, of course. But with a good pair of headphones and with the help of a good headamp it become hearable.
    I'd suggest you the Beyerdynamic DT990. They are very cheap and sound really really good for it's price. Probably the best quality /ratio in all my headphones.

5. Boodokhan

Thanks for your recommendation. I always prefer to use earphones rather than headphones but i dont mind to try this Beyerdynamic. It comes in 2 different types:

Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 Professional Acoustically Open Headphones for Monitoring and Studio Applications
    Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphones

So which one is better?

6. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Depends on what you have to drive it with, 600 ohm one demands more from the amp and not all amps will drive it well. The higher ohm load ones from Beyerdynamic tend to be smoother and more refined. If your amp is not up to the job, get the lower ohm version.

retro likes this.
  7. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

As Toocool says, although the highed impedance one (600Ohm) tends to be slightly better, it highly depends on the headphone amplifier... if you have any.
    If you don't, choose the 250. A good DD33 i.e. can drive it quite well, but it's recommendable to have a good one, to get a sound with more 'punch'.

Another good one is the AKG 702, but it's mre pricey and a bit bright. With an easy mod it gets a bit more bass and sounds better.

8. Boodokhan

Thank you. well explained

9. 19lexicon78

19lexicon78 Active Member

has not only a nicer sound, perhaps not better but it makes me smile, and is also a winner for it's looks. yep, i prefer a dc2, my ultimate walkman. i think i've said that too many times for 15 years. ;)

10. A O

A O Active Member

If I may?

I have three 'go to' walkmans whenever I get the urge. We shouldn't forget the superb Aiwa PX101 which I find is capable of brininging the best out in pretty much any headphone you throw at it. Granted, I've not really explored the boutique headphone arena but I'm regularly stunned by the sound quality the Sony MDR-E262 achieves from all three of these players.

With this set up I really struggle to decide between my D2C which has been proffessionally set up by the legendary Tim Jarman (Mr walkmancentral) who used an oscilloscope to adjust the azymuth, my trusty DD9 which, is just a nice clean DD9 and the Aiwa which uses bells and whistels to bludgeon it's breathtakingly clear sound.

Sadly I do gravitate towards the DD9 because it's just so nice to hold.

[​IMG]

Radio Raheem likes this.
  11. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Agree with Ao, those aiwa are so nice, i have 7 or 8 of them plus a new walkman from panasonic with dolby c and it sounds real nice too

12. A O

A O Active Member

Really?

13. Radio Raheem

really to which part my friend, if it's those aiwas, i posted some of them up on the old forum lad:wink:

14. A O

A O Active Member

Really, do you have 8 PX101's? Please find the old post, I'd love to see them all together.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  15. Radio Raheem

ok my bad, just checked, 4px 101
    and 2 others very similar from japan but i can't read the mn

and i had a px1000 but i gave it to a member as it was cream crackered

the other 2 aiwa that i can't read the model of are higher than the px 101 with dolby c but for the life of me i see no model number
    here is the panasonic i have with dolby c, best panna walkman iv had as all the other panna the bass is done by remote, which i truly hate
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142183178597?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

16. Boodokhan

Wow
    So i think you got a HUGE collection of walkmans. It is not easy to find even one AIWA HS-PX101 and you got 7 or 8 of them. So someday you should start a topic to show us your collection :banana:

Radio Raheem likes this.
  17. Radio Raheem

P1020052.JPG P1020006.JPG

the only files i could find:frown::wink:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    walkman archive likes this.
  18. A O

A O Active Member

I remember these two, I don't recall any others RR. You wouldn't be telling porkies would you? :wink:

19. Boodokhan

Thanks for sharing the picture. you got this beautiful walkman in 2 different colors, a nice collection indeed

20. Radio Raheem

nope, as you know i only like high end walkmans so that leaves most to everyone else and only a few for me, i think in total i have 10 walkmans all with dolby c minus one a boxed sharp with dolby and 4 band eq that i had from walkgirl as a preasant, i do have a camera chris but it's not my ol trusty one and im not sure what lead connects it to the pc:wink: