1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommanded Sony DD prices

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Helaba, May 10, 2017.

1. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Not really sure what to recommend as the only IEM i use is the Etymotic ER-4s.

2. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

And headphone? Beyerdynamic 990 for ex.? How are the etymotics?

3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I like the way you explained it

4. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

The Etymotic ER-4s are very nice neutral sounding, but unless you are able to insert them deep it will not work for you. A replacement for the ER-4s has been released but i have not tried it yet, ER-4SR easier to drive and slightly extended frequency range.

I am sure the DT990 will be good too but at 250 ohms an amp will help also don't forget it's an open back design so you will hear everything going on around you and people near you will hear your music too.

5. vincentv478

vincentv478 Member

deeply love the ER 4S. Was my very favorite until I decided to cut the cord.

6. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

?? Cut the cord? :) special reason?
    Anyway, in the meantime, i ordered a shure SE215-K ... After a couple hours of testing (enjoying) i must say, this are real good... And luckely for me, very comfty.....

7. vincentv478

vincentv478 Member

lol, not literally. bluetooth got reliable enough to justify the reduction in fidelity. I still use them when playing cassettes. Se215 are great albeit darker sounding.

8. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Indeed lol.... My finesse in foreign language is failing... :) About the shure, i learned over the years, that eatch walkman have a different sound.... i build up a lot of IEM that works the best on eatch walkman... In this case, the se215 is working very good with my DC2...

9. vincentv478

vincentv478 Member

ohk. good to know for when I get my own DC2 :)

10. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

What Bluetooth iem's are you using now? Not to heavy or other minussses?

11. vincentv478

vincentv478 Member

Right now, AirPods. Powerbeats 3 for gym, Beyerdynmic BTA as backup. I also have taotronics bt-07?. These are my heavy bass buds. I have bragi headphone which sound fine but get uncomfortable after few hours. Also, Bose in-ear wireless HR, same issue with these. I can't wear them for more than couple of hours although they sound great.

If AirPods fit. I would just recommend to get em. They are unbeatable for the price.