1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp GF-9696

Discussion in 'Gear you want' started by Koskelo, Sep 26, 2026 at 10:00 AM.

  1. Koskelo

    Koskelo New Member

    Messages:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Finland
    Hi stereo2go -members,

    I'm currently restoring a Sharp GF-9696 and I'm looking for the original speaker grilles (both left and right side).

    The radio has survived quite well, but the grilles disappeared somewhere during its 40+ year journey.
    Does anyone have a spare set, a donor unit, or know a collector who might be willing to sell or trade?

    I would also appreciate any information about compatible grilles from other Sharp models, if such alternatives exist.
    Many thanks in advance for any help.

    Greetings from Finland,
    Koskelo
     
  2. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Good luck, I always see models for sale with the missing grills, they must be somewhere.
     
  3. Koskelo

    Koskelo New Member

    Messages:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Finland
    They must be out there somewhere, but they're probably hidden in Fort Knox.
     
    Mister X likes this.
  4. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    It's very frustrating with parts like this, they made thousands of units. I have noticed a new small order stamping company showing up on YouTube Videos, the biggest problem is coming up with drawings for them.
     
  5. Koskelo

    Koskelo New Member

    Messages:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Finland
    If we could get the exact measurements of the Sharp speaker grilles, 3D printing might be an option. I suspect it would be a fairly expensive route, though.
     

Share This Page