1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp QT-25CD

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Guilherme Andreas, May 14, 2017.

1. Guilherme Andreas

Guilherme Andreas New Member

Good Night, friends! It's 00h18 in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

Recently i saw an GIF of an very rare boombox: The Sharp QT-25CD, which have space for two cassettes in the load door, CD player, equalizator.. i google the name of the Stereo and i couldn't found any info about it. All i have got is sales links from Japan and Russia..weird. So, you guys have any info, technic info, about it?

It's strange.. looks like an awesome piece for collections. What about it?

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

You mean this one

http://www.shizaudio.ru/audio/details.php?image_id=9294

It is probably a bit modern for most of the members here who want the boxes they lusted after in the 1980s.

I haven't managed to find out when the QT25CD was made but judging from this video it may well be from the late 1980s

I checked your profile and can see that you are one of our younger members.
    The good news is that there are lots of later boxes like the QT25CD, JVC Kabooms and Panasonic wedges which sell for little money yet have good sound and quality. You will find a few posts about them here.

As things like Bluetooth and streaming take over from CD you may well find you can buy a future classic for a fraction of a current one like an M90, which definitely won't feature a CD player.

p.s. I just realised that the Sony ZS D55 which is my Avatar was introduced in 2000 so is almost the same age as you.
    Very modern to me yet probably historic for you.