1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp VZ 2500 Record Speed Problems

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by DGH875, Apr 8, 2017.

1. DGH875

DGH875 New Member

Hello all, I'm looking for some advice from you good people for a problem I have.

I have recently acquired a Sharp VZ-2500 , but I'm having issues with it. I've replaced all the belts and cleaned it up but the record player is playing slow on the side b at 33 and at 45rpm, the a side plays fine at both speeds tho.

When I first re-belted it I had to adjust the speed pots to get the as both sides were playing slow. Now I'm happy with the A side it's now its just the b side that plays slow.

I've been running it on repeat a lot with a record in just to get the motor used to running again, but thats about as far as I got? It's just sitting in bits as I don't want to reassemble it until I can fix it.

Im happy to take things apart and replace things, but my electrical fault finding is fairly limited.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

David

(I hope this is in the right section of the forum.)

Attached Files:

2. DGH875

DGH875 New Member

Bump? Can anyone help?

3. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Have you checked the belt is the correct tension and not too tight? Also have you relubed the motor? If it has been sat for a long time it may be tight.

4. DGH875

DGH875 New Member

Would incorrect tension cause it to be slow on one side?
    Also, would I need to strip the motor to lube it? What would I use to lube the motor?

5. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Incorrect tension could cause it to be slow yes, it would normally be slow on both sides though but as you have adjusted the speed of each side it still could be an issue as the speed adjust may have just accounted for the slowness a little. You could strip the motor to clean it, I had a cassette motor which seemed very weak recently on an old sanyo, I flooded the motor with Fader Lube F5 just by spraying it in, left some kitchen roll underneath to soak up the excess and it played fine the next day. Could be worth a try.

6. DGH875

DGH875 New Member

I will try and give the motor a clean/lube. The same motor drives the A and B sides in opposite directions. The two speed pots just adjust the spend at 33 and 45rpm speed.