1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your home setup

Discussion in 'Home Audio Gear Chat Area' started by TooCooL4, Dec 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Nice, i have never tried Elcaset they are meant to be very good but they never took off.

2. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

A pleasure to watch, Nando. I have to get myself someday to Canada to hear it in person! ;-)

3. 19lexicon78

19lexicon78 Active Member

wow, i think we had the same thread years ago. but seeing the setups these days, major upgrades/expensive equipment

4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I love this setting specially Pionner R2R. How can you leave this room and go to work?

5. walkman archive

That's indeed something I totally agree. I have felt sometimes that sensation when leaving my music room :biggrin:

6. walkman archive

Where is your SONY 750?
    BTW: Be careful with placing a laptop or a tablet just over a deck or beside some tapes. They contain powerful magnets in their internal HDD or in the screen, to help keeping it closed. Especially apple notebooks and ipads.
    To be sure just put a metallic part (like a screw) and start moving it around until you find the magnetic field.

Now I started to do a 'magnet free' zone in my room, so I never put an HDD, a tablet, a smartphone, a magnetized screwdriver/tool or any other magnetized tool into the deck/tapes zone. That wat I'm sure they are safe :thumbsup:

thid likes this.
  7. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member

Hi Hugo,

No magnetism emitted from my laptop - that's why I placed it there. I use my laptop, as well, for streaming Premium Spotify and Apple iTunes into my stereo system using a simple Behringer UFO 202 Audio Interface. Yes, you have to be careful by having a magnet-free zone when considering placement of cassette deck(s) and magnetic recording media. You can imagine the pull from the large, almost-16" diameter woofers in my speakers.

My Sony TC-K950ES is up for consignment sale. Saving up to buy another piece of vintage audio gear I've wanted for awhile.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After work, it's nice to be able to relax in such an environment.

Nando.

8. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

That last picture is epic, you look so content. And who wouldnt be with a room like that!

Elite-ist likes this.
  9. Risingsunproject

Risingsunproject Active Member

Here is my fathers setup recently got it working again after 25 years of collecting dust!
    The story:Bought in an american military base in Frankfurt Germany in 1991.Since then it has travelled around europe to end up in Athens again and fail in 1998
    In full working order i would say not high end but certainly of historical significance to me.The brand pioneer and keypoint for the time the cd case for 6 cds you had to put upside down to work! IMAG0707.jpg IMAG0707.jpg IMAG0710.jpg IMAG0711.jpg IMAG0708.jpg IMAG0709.jpg

autoreverser, James Tervit and thid like this.
  10. Risingsunproject

Minor issue with the plastic cover of the lp player did not have time to replace!

11. walkman archive

Ahh ok. You're a cautious man indeed. :thumbsup:

Sad to see that 950 for sale. If I were plenty of space at home I'd love to have one of those. It's one of the most elegant decks out there!
    It's so relaxing to see you listening to your gear with that cup of wine. It's an image that invites to do the same.
    I do this almost every weekend, and it's one of the best moments of the week without doubt.

Thanks for sharing!

Elite-ist likes this.
  12. DutchNick

DutchNick Member

IMG_0517.JPG
    My unfinished recreation room with the custom audio rack from Soul to Sole Audio here in New Zealand. On top is Rega Planar 3 TT, all other gear is Pioneer including HPM700 speakers. Top shelf DV717, CT93, CT91; middle shelf PD-71, PD-M95, PD-73; bottom shelf M90 Power, C72 Control, MJ-17D Minidisc, F91 Tuner. In the storage/workshop room, a spare DV717, another CT93 with blank display, another M90 with broken door hinge, C91 Control, PD-M910 multi CD, 2 x F93 tuners, 1 x PD-75 away getting power supply and laser fixed.

13. walkman archive

I remember those stacks. I'm not a big fan of those midrange stacks with double deck, but I definitely would love to have one back in those years.

James Tervit likes this.
  14. walkman archive

Wow, that's a serious thing. And you're indeed a Pioneer fan!
    Don't you also like the CT-95?

15. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

you call this unfinished? this is beautiful and very much "finished" (IMO) I am also a big fan of Pioneer Elite brand

16. Risingsunproject

Back in the day this is what my parents could afford as a good mid range stereo!Do not underestimate the clarity of sound it produces or its functions.To me it looks much better than some high end i know of.It has given me great pleasure throughout the years.However it has nothing to do with the hi-end devices i see posted here!Maybe a little ashamed but i like my old stereo!I should give it a name "granny" or something!

17. Risingsunproject

Hope some other people will post their home setup soon!
    If we speaking high-end what about about a Nakamichi cassette deck including setup someone?
    The rest bite the dust compared to my super "granny" pioneer!

18. DutchNick

DutchNick Member

Hi Hugo,
    Yes a serious thing :) and it takes two strong men to lift the rack, and hours of fun to get it all set up.
    I like the CT95 (even so, like the DV717 it would look out of place in this collection - just close your eyes of course). Here in New Zealand we don't get the same range of gear as the rest of the world - it's just not economic for importers to bring in every model - so kind of reliant on personal imports. I have never seen a CT95 in person.
    And we don't have our own eBay site here... someone local got there first and created a site called TradeMe. It works really well, scope is limited (although http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1244622920 is interesting!), but I found a lot of my collection there including the slightly exotic SE-100 electrostatic headphones.
    For the rest... I use eBay sometimes, shipping here gets expensive especially heavy components, and many US sellers in particular won't do international shipping anyway. Such a funny country in many ways. It helps to have friends in other places.
    So in summary my hifi story: I am at the end of the world with a love for a particular stream of hi-fi with limited local supply and high cost of acquisition.

19. Risingsunproject

Really nice setup congrats mate!

20. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member