1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony WM-10/20 User

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by jmDc, May 16, 2017.

1. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Good work Boodokhan! Didn knew this one is not working without headphone connected.... How that works?

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Without connecting a headphone it wont work,. This is the way Sony made this walkman. I got some from eBay and they actually work (sellers didnt know about this fact)

jmDc likes this.
  3. jmDc

jmDc New Member

t
    thank you :wavey:

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  4. jmDc

jmDc New Member

many many thanks Boodokhan. finally i can now open my walkmans. so excited about it :headphones:

5. jmDc

jmDc New Member

hi boodokhan, what could be the problem if the rewind/fastforward buttons work but the play button only works for 3 seconds then automatically stops? thank you.

6. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately do not have answer to this question. But hopefully somebody will answer

7. jmDc

jmDc New Member

thank you. hoping someone here has a similar case. still many thanks for the help :hi

8. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

From my little technical knowledge, i think iT is something of motion control... If the walkman defects no rotation, iT stops after a short time...

9. jmDc

jmDc New Member

thank you. only the play rotation is defective.. it plays and rotates for 2-3 seconds then automatically stops. however, rewind and fast forward buttons all work well. thanks

bronco likes this.
  10. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Yes, because only the play function is motion controlled... IT can happen with a mechanical , or with a sensor places on take up reel.. On that reel you have different partitions ( light - dark) And when iT rotates , the sensor is constant on-off-on-off, so as long as the device receive pulses, iT command to keep working.... Oefoef..... Sorry for my bad English....

11. jmDc

jmDc New Member

Thanks again. So, is it still repairable? What should i do to make the play function works well again? Thanks.

12. bronco

bronco Active Member

I'd check S-901. It may be a mechanical (not optical) sensor.
    Something like a simple piece of plastic holding two "needles" touching a plastic wheel (probably take-up spinner) with a metallic insert that contacts needles every turn.
    There is a service manual :readon hifiengine (free)