1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of selling my walkman collection

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Radio Raheem, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Hey Dave lad....are you sure you want to get involved with the downfall of the Rimmer foundation lol

2. Radio Raheem

Ahh now I'm with you....all I did to lock the account was except bodookhans money lol

3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

No worries, @Boodokhan is my good neighbor and once he gets the package we can split the cost (unless he decides to ship it back) : I want to get some nice Walkmans for my restoration efforts, your insights pushed me into "out of the box - Sony DD" thinking...
    For hi-end sound I got Keel-ed Sondek into Naim amplification, Walkmans are just for fun of microsurgery for now for me. Real sharp little things they are!!! So far my one and only thingy is WM-D6, it took a Lot of efforts and help from Boomboxery dudes to fix it...
    Not sure I am ready to to dump my traveling companion Pono Player ( in balanced mode) for a Walkman. Terabytes of tunes vs a few cassettes is a tough choice: I never know if its gonna be Bruckner or Dead Can Dance or Porcupine Tree my tomorrow's listen, cassettes limit the choice ;-(

nickeccles likes this.
  4. Radio Raheem

can you apologize to boodoo in person from me Jorge lad...all id like back is my dd9 but you two can share the rest...mind you most of the aiwas are pretty usless as I couldn't find the battery adapter...there is one there though with the battery adapter on it...and I sent that boxed sharp....I kept my best Aiwa, headphones and Panasonic Walkman...the Aiwa I have urinates on any Walkman iv had including the sony d6c:wink2

but I'm the same Jorge...I have a hifi better than 99%of this forum...and I use that if I'm serious and my sony cd3000 headphones...compared to this all walkmans are mickey mouse:biggrin::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Jorge likes this.
  5. davebush

davebush Active Member

on second thoughts lad....your on your own....lol

Radio Raheem likes this.
  6. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Well this has been an interesting thread but i still have no idea how it all happened.

7. Radio Raheem

That makes the 2 of us son....all I know is I should have listened to Samovar in the first place:wink2

I think deliverance summed it up nearly spot on...I say nearly spot on though....as id have said the trials and tribulations of Mr Bean lol:wink2

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  8. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

I concur... ;)
    The whole ordeal looks surreal, @Boodokhan bought something based on your high creds, the deal sunk... Once @Boodokhan chips in that he got refunded only then I will consider the case closed. Sorry about that, but my own "transaction" with a respected Audiogon member re. Fozgometer rental had taught me not to skim on PayPal fees with F&F transactions: you've got f$&@-ed from the other end of this option, myguess...
    PayPal must be real tough on you guys, $1,500 is just a price of one of Shunyata power cords in my system, not a biggie!

9. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

There some members in our small community that you can always trust. @Radio Raheem is one of them. That is why when he reported the problem this was my response:

anyway, I will send the walkman back to him.

Radio Raheem, Jorge and nickeccles like this.
  10. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Actually, I never doubted that! But now I Know...
    You are absolutely right, unless you decide to keep the collection and re-send $1,500, mailing it all back is the right thing to do!!

Radio Raheem likes this.
  11. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

I guess walkmans just wanted to go out for a walk, as in the good old days... ;)

Radio Raheem likes this.
  12. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

it is £ 1500