1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RT-S892 cassette mechanism

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by mrp32Dave, Jan 17, 2017.

1. mrp32Dave

mrp32Dave Well-Known Member

Here's a picture of where the part goes, but don't think this has anything do do with pinch roller?

8.jpg

The pinch roller is pushed up by the head block, is the block moving fully upwards? Mine had this problem it was stopping about 5 mm short, this was sorted once I had cleaned and re-greased

2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

thanks Dave, thats great. The heads all move up just fine, the pinch roller just doesnt move up with it and i just need to find out what moves it, can i have a front pinch roller shot too please?

Really appreciate your effort thanks

3. mrp32Dave

Here's some close up shots of the pinch roller, it's actually the spring underneath that pushes it up as the heads rise, I've left these images full quality so you can zoom right in.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

4. T-ster

Your a legend Dave much appreciated. Looks like i have a missing spring. I thought i must of.

So thankful for the pics as im bound to have a spring in my spares box :thumbsup:

5. T-ster

Thanks to Dave mine is now all fixed up, tapes play real well and im super happy. I owe you one Dave thanks :bigthumbsup:

6. mrp32Dave

No problem glad I could help, this is one of the things S2G is for :thumbsup:
    So what do think of your S892 now it's all up and running?

7. T-ster

It's nice actually, its a good looking box and the deck is nice to use now its up and running properly. It does seem overly complex though and seems to lack the nice tactile feel you would get from a Sanyo deck of a similar ilk. The controls also feel a bit nasty, they have a cheap feel to them. Sound is good, radio pulls in stations really really strong, not much bass but its warm and doesn't seem like it would be to fatiguing to listen to. I love the LED meters and the fact that its 3 way.

Perfect box for listening at 4/10ths i would say but its not a street blaster.

Nice to own a Tosh though and glad its all working thanks to you :thumbup: