1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...what did you buy YOURSELF for x-mas ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by autoreverser, Dec 24, 2016.

1. A O

A O Active Member

A knee-high stack of grey socks and poorly fitting boxer shorts.

autoreverser likes this.
  2. Ken80s

Ken80s Well-Known Member

I purchased 2 vinyls singles from eBay, Roxette and Paul Hardcastle ,19

2867234.jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (14).jpg

3. retro

retro Active Member S2G Supporter

A home theater system to annoy the neighbors, think I'll order a second sub.:D

Radio Raheem likes this.
  4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

IMG_2809.JPG Picked mine up today

Kin and autoreverser like this.
  5. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

6. Kin

Kin Member

setwithtripod.jpg

The cheap tripods have arrived! The balljoints are quite solid, can hold up the weight very well.

closeuptripod.jpg

Lol the photo on the packaging, I just can't get over it :biggrin:

lol.jpg

superlew and retro like this.
  7. Big Bad John

Big Bad John Member

Could say the Hitachi TRK 3D50E Super Woofer was my Christmas present to myself as it arrived in Christmas week, also bought a new antenna for it as the one it had was broken - that arrived on Christmas eve so it was complete in time for Christmas. The machine has minor issues with fast winding but until I can afford repair I'll do that on the walkman, though some tapes fast wind ok. Hitachi TRK 3D50E Super Woofer.jpg Shown you this one before I'm sure, I had a go at taking the Philips D8334 apart but the shell broke because it must've been superglued across the top, got pissed off and binned it though I've kept the screws, they're always useful. Might be able to get that model in white in good condition except one door is apparently not fixed squarely but that's an easy one for me!, it is located in Greece, wouldn't mind if Nana Mouskouri or Maria Muldour (I think she's Greek) brought it to me!

Still got the Sharp WQ T484E which is a spectacular machine and a rarity. Ain't got room for several dozen ghetto blasters in my tiny council flat even if I had the money to buy them, would need a place with a dance hall sized living room where I can build shelves to display them all.

Next thing on my shopping list is that Panasonic TR1200S I've been interested in for ever so I can run my dvd/vcr through it and copy the videos to DVD so I can get rid of the videos, couldn't get it to work through the computer, I can plug it into the ANT input and find the video channel, I've actually got a spare digibox to use with it on the hyperthetical shelf.

Four machines will do for now if I get that other Philips in white till I can get a bigger place.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  8. Big Bad John

Big Bad John Member

The first one's not bad, can't say the second impresses me much, actually my No.1 band is The Jesus And Mary Chain who I'm glad are back in business after what will be nineteen years.

9. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Marie looks so beautiful in that photo. I'm afraid that time has been very cruel to her (she is actually lucky to be alive).

Paul Hardcastle 19 was definitely the first of a kind (one of the very first hit singles to use sampling) in the same way that Wendy Carlos was
    one of the first people to use Synthesizers. Remember that the samples were held on 5.25" floppy discs back then.
    Definitely a record of its time https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_(song)

10. Big Bad John

Big Bad John Member

Marie, eh?, close, my girlfriend is a Maria and is still a total babe even at 62. (see attachment) She's a Filipina.
    Maria at 62, would you believe it.jpg
    Never heard of Wendy Carlos, I like Wendy James though - ex Transvision Vamp singer.

Back to the subject of portable stereos, I've put a bid on a white Philips D8304 in good condition, just needs a tape door re-fitting - done that before! Dumped the yellow one yesterday.

11. superlew

superlew Member

Ok, so it's a little late, but I got myself PowerDirector 14. The price was right and I really wanted a quality video editor, since I haven't had a decent one in quite a few years. This post is also a DropBox test, so... here goes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drhbzdwz0u8ebjx/Blaster Test Lite.mp4?dl=0

Just giving myself a crash-course on the program with some older video combined with some stuff I shot with my phone on back on 12/26/16. The only reason I started a DropBox account was to upload videos, since I'm kinda scared to upload anything with music to YouTube.

I'm surprised (and sorry) that the video quality was degraded after the upload, since DropBox promotes itself as a backup service. I did upload it in mp4 format for the sake of saving a little time, but there's definitely a difference in quality between the version in the link and the original on my hard drive. I also have an HD version that looks really nice, but I'm very impatient tonight.

PowerDirector 14. That's what I got myself.

12. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

I like it Superlew, great video. When i watch it back there are loads of effects and transitions in. Did it take long to learn? How do you find the prog?

13. superlew

superlew Member

It didn't take that long to learn (although, I'm still figuring things out). As you saw, I was having a little fun with it. It's set up pretty much like any other quality editor. That "quick" video took me about 3-4 hrs. I'll get faster as I use it as I learn it's idiosyncrasies. I found it by doing a search for video editor reviews and PowerDirector 14 had what I was looking for at the right price, since version 15 is now out. You could spend into the $x,xxx's on some editors, but you'll need the right machine for those to run properly.

14. T-ster

Good gift for yourself, we hope to see lots of cool vids from you now :D

15. blu_fuz

blu_fuz New Member

Didn't even know I wanted one until after xmas, but I got the DJ Tech Boombox.

IMG_7611.JPG

16. T-ster

Nice you grabbed one while they were made, discontinued every where now :(

17. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

18. superlew

superlew Member

I tried several different methods to upload the video, but it seems I can only upload photos, regardless of the device or OS, unless it's linked to another website. That's how I ended up opening a dropbox account.

19. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Ahh, ok. Then videos can be uploaded to your media albums (look in the media tab up above) and then shared in a post.

20. superlew

superlew Member