1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What headphones haves you recently found or bought?

Discussion in 'Headphones Area' started by Command8, Mar 20, 2017.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Not much leakage as they are over ear closed type headphones. I especially like the extra headphone cables they include. Included are 3 cables. One 3 metre straight cable, 3 metre coiled cable and a 1.2 metre straight cable. All have 3.5mm jacks but one end is threaded so you can screw on the 6.3mm adapter also included. Comes with a nice carrying pouch too. I will be testing out different genres of music over the next few weeks and will give my verdict on them but so far so good. Note that the M50X comes with all accessories I mentioned. I believe the M40x and M50x are the only models with detachable cables. The M20x and M30x are hardwired in.

Chris likes this.
  2. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Both me and walkman archive have the cd 3000 and can highly recommend them, the only way to be sure is to hear them in person

Chris likes this.
  3. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I am wearing the Kenwood KH-33 In this picture is the to box to them.
    I listen with the Kenwoods everyday now that I live where my mother can hear a pin drop on carpet so I have to be quiet.
    I am holding my favorite the Pioneer Monitor 10, however I am not using them as they shut out most all the sound around me and I need to hear mom calling so I wear the Kenwood & I
    Recently found Pioneer SE-305 headphones.
    IMG_0246 James headphone Wearing Kenwood KH-33 Pioneer Monitor 10 & SE-305.JPG
    On the table is a Pioneer SK-31 that I have rebelted but I cannot still keep the belt from traveling off once energized! ?

Chris likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris Active Member

Just bought a pair and I'm using them with my Sony D6C... I think I must have died and gone to heaven, it's the only logical explanation I can think of.

Cassette2go and buzbox like this.
  5. Cassette2go

headphones you bought, yes I got this! 'but' what brand and model are you referring to that you are now listening to your D6C with?

6. Chris

Chris Active Member

Oh, I was referring to buzbox's post about the Audio Technica ATH-M50Xs, must of quoted myself by mistake.

7. Chris

Chris Active Member

Have you owned any of those headphones from new?, they all seem quite expensive to say the least..

Cassette2go likes this.
  8. Cassette2go

The Headphones Pioneer Monitor 10, I bought from AAFES in Germany 'New' back in 1979 and as I am still digitising my receipts when I find that receipt again I will show a picture of it. My original pair still work but the ear paddings have worn away and they were just glued on & since I have had those I bought another pair online when I thought the price was right for me back when-ever. Mind you everybody ears are different and their perception as to what you or they HEAR is different to all. I think these Pioneer Monitor 10 are the best over the ear headphones so far that I have heard with.

Chris likes this.
  9. Chris

Chris Active Member

Just got a pair of Philips Fidelio X2s for my birthday, they’re a lot bigger than I thought they would be. :shock

A2EEFA0C-487D-4407-9C3F-DDE9C25A6A7B.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  10. Command8

Command8 Active Member

Very Nice, I have the L2 model. I hope for your sake that they made the earmuffs removable.

11. 19lexicon78

19lexicon78 Active Member

ohh, have grado rs 1, sennheiser electrostats

this is the one i use everyday. ooops
    sennheiser pxc 450
    also mp3, no cd or vinyl.. gee

12. Chris

Chris Active Member

Very nice! They're definitely out of my price range though.

13. 19lexicon78

19lexicon78 Active Member

grado rs1 rulez for pop/rock. a bit less, but still, the rs2. that's the one you need. forget the rest. 2nd hand 300 or less, it's the best bang evarrr!!! for your headphone.
    just do it, RS2. that's the one

Chris likes this.