1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Music Are You Listening To ?

Discussion in 'Music: Albums, cassettes, new releases...' started by Ghettoman, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@speedy2.0 minor correction: surprising only because 2017 Twin Peaks was so disappointing (his Zen got deeper than mine!). Otherwise David Lynch has the same taste in music as I, I have all his CDs. Discovered Danger Mouse thanks to him, and his Polish Night Music is the only "lounge" tune I can relate to

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

I think I first heard of danger mouse when he worked with James Mercer of the Shins... ages ago now! I think Lynch and Badalamenti really cracked into something amazing working together. I loved the new series, it was the most insane tv ever created, so frustrating to watch but art dosnt have to be perfect in the same way that tv does. So it crossed all kinds of lines and I love that

Jorge likes this.
  3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Also, I do not like/do not understand Mahler. This reflects on me, not on Mahler. The same thing here, with 2017 Twin Peaks Lynch had finally managed to go over my head! As with Mahler, whom I play more often than, say, Tchaikovsky, I watched TwinPeaks a few times, just to make sure that I "really" do not get it.
    My favorite tune is:
    Snake Eyes
    managed to hunt down that handsome sax player, even bought his solo "Dirty Beaches" album. A bit like my favorite Rod Modell / Deepchord efforts but with human touch added
    Also bought Chromatics after watching the series. Not my proudest moment but when played thru boombox when outside barbecuing it sounds fun!

speedy2.0 likes this.
  4. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Ah! I’ve yet to go for chromatics, I will definitely check them out, thanks!

5. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

i'm right now listening to this extremely nice 1947 shellac-album:

carl sandburg - cowboy songs.jpg

...it came with a "sing-along"-book, so it's a question of booze me
    wiping the dust of my old Framus and molest the whole family with
    my own genius :nodding:

Jorge likes this.
  6. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Damn that looks like fun!

7. glenn tipton