WTB / Help: RM-WM71GL remote for WM-GX822 (and a compatibility question)

Discussion in 'Gear you want' started by Emp3r0r, Oct 4, 2026 at 6:12 AM.

  1. Emp3r0r

    Emp3r0r New Member

    Messages:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Dubai
    Hi all,
    I'm restoring a Sony WM-GX822 and I'm looking for its original remote, the RM-WM71GL (the one with the BAND and PRESET +/- buttons for the radio). I can't find one anywhere. I'm based in Dubai and can pay for international shipping, so a seller anywhere is fine.
    If you have a spare GL, or know where one might turn up, I'd be very grateful. I'd also consider a WM-FX5 or WM-GX822 sold for parts if it comes with the remote.
    Second question, for anyone who knows: does the RM-WM71RL (REPEAT and A-B buttons, no BAND/PRESET) work with the GX822? I'm guessing basic tape controls would work and radio control wouldn't, but I haven't been able to confirm that. If anyone has tested it, or can compare the resistor ladders in the service manuals, I'd love to hear what you found.
    Thanks!
    (Images attached at the RL and GL respectively) Screenshot 2026-10-04 171035.png Screenshot 2026-10-04 171047.png
     
  2. Experious

    Experious Active Member

    Messages:
    133
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Location:
    Melbourne

Share This Page