Panasonic RX-DT505 tape mechanism problem

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by mrn, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

while you are in there i would clean the micro switches with contact spray as these oxidise and fail

Mister X and kanamaster like this.
  2. kanamaster

kanamaster Member

Hello again. I don't seem to find the right way to place the protective caps back again. I introduce them on the contacts but they stay lose and if I invert the mechanism upside down, they will fall off. Now they are not firm as they were before removing them. Are they originaly glued, or what....?
    Kind regards.

Mister X likes this.
  3. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

all the ones i have dealt with in the past were not glued Sir....i think they kind of clip in....i am suprized you actually managed to change the belts, something i have never done with these so hats off to you:wink:

Mister X and kanamaster like this.
  4. kanamaster

kanamaster Member

Unfortunatelly, until now, I don't find how to clip them back again. I've tried and tried.......but nothing.

In fact (if we're talking about a RX-DT505 or similar) once you take out the cassettes mechanism out of the whole unit, it is not complicated at all. As I said, not even those two "stubborn" connectors are really needed to be released. The only thing you really must do is desoldering the cables off both motors. Then you are able to "open the board" and easily gain access to the wheels where the belts should be placed. (There are two other little connectors which are very easy to release as well as a couple of screws.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    Hyperscope, Radio Raheem and Mister X like this.
  5. kanamaster

kanamaster Member

Hello again...... Can anybody here help me with some information ("name" and size for example) about the screws I circle in the picture below? As you can see, they are the ones that fix the head mechanism. I am in the need of finding at least four of them.
    For any help, thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

6. Hyperscope

Hyperscope Active Member

There are very small protruding black plastic "pins" that snap off easily. Very easily. Then the clear plastic cover will not hold in place anymore. Held with little snap on plastic pins. Look carefully you should be able to see what I mean. Epoxy back on. But make sure to do it correctly!

Overall very similar to the Panasonic RX-DT707 which I recently covered in the thread
    Panasonic RX-DT707 Cobra Top (1992) Changing the Belts with Pictures

kanamaster likes this.
  7. Hyperscope

Hyperscope Active Member

Probably 2.5mm to 3mm and they were originally JIS Philips screws. Easy to strip. About 10mm length. I would send for a metric pack assortment on e-bay to test fit which ones work.

Don't forget to post final pictures of the Panasonic RX-DT505 when it is all done and, most important, what you think of the sound. "Freaking Amazing!!!" is my impression of the RX-DT707 at least :biggrin: :thumbsup:

kanamaster likes this.
  8. kanamaster

kanamaster Member

You said it all. It's also "freaking amazing" how the RX-DT505 sounds (and records) for this category. And I must add that they (505, 707) are evrything but easy to find in Germany. Kind regards.

9. kanamaster

kanamaster Member

[​IMG]
    This is the first one that I bought some months ago, and which made me want to have a second one. That second one is the one that still is under repair (not in the pictures). Not too much time and several other things in which I must invest that very time.​

Hyperscope likes this.
  10. kanamaster

kanamaster Member

[​IMG]
    Two of my favorite babies......

Hyperscope and Radio Raheem like this.