You would hope that in a submarine the water resistance wouldn't need testing. As for the colour I suspect it is just moody lighting making the...
The local Flight Refuelling Hamfest has came around again on Sunday. I was on site at 7:00 in order to help set up Christchurch Amateur Radio...
Time to post the remaining pages from this 1985 catalogue Car stereos. Dixons weren't a big player in the field as they didn't do fitting....
Take lots of photos during disassembly. Then if a wire falls off or something you can look where it came from.
There might be some useful tips here https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/tinsel-lead-repair-advice-sought.421959/ Today I learned the name...
If they ever actually stopped making them, Maxell URs were the last tapes readily available here....
I would guess it is something to go behind a shop counter for holding four different types of BASF cassettes. Back when splashing out meant buying...
On to Audio. [ATTACH] The main question about the Fidelity was whether you you would have been better off saving £130 by buying the £269 20"...
I always admired them in Lasky's where the HiFi section had dim lighting to emphasise all the illuminated displays. Keep a search going and bear...
On high end equipment yes. However, there were mid range cassette mechanisms in which the soft touch was completely mechanical. Operation was...
Interesting to see that NICAM (a digital sound standard developed by the BBC) was used outside of Europe. Seeing that sent me down a NICAM rabbit...
I'm looking at the model's knuckles. I expect she was pleased to put that down once the photograph was taken. I was going to comment that she is...
Time for some 1980s computers. First "Business Computers". Not many people would be spending £800+ on a computer for home use back then. In 1985...
Nice Having just written about the first Panasonic HiFi VCR here...
Back to the Future ! In the early 1980s people were getting into video. Even Pop Acts [MEDIA] It was only on the second look that I realised the...
Regulars here will know that I love looking through old catalogues. When I saw this on eBay I decided to bid and got it for the rather high start...
Part of the problem is that all the alternatives like Yellow Pages disappeared years ago. Did you guys have "Exchange and Mart"? A weekly magazine...
A good video on the TRS80 [MEDIA] I can believe the 70% market share. Even then Commodore were probably beating Apple. I might as well add the...
Better late than never [MEDIA]
Am I supposed to know who these people (the four on the second poster) are (genuine question) ? Funnily the only person I knew who bought a...
Separate names with a comma.